Arie

Experienced Reefer
Okay, so the picture is horrible, I promise! Anyway - I was looking at what I thought was a turd the other night, totally amazed that something in the tank could poop that big.

(emerald crab, two small astrea snails, bunch of astrea stars and unfortunatly some hitch hiker bristle worms).

So the turd turns out to be some sort of worm. It's a dark brown color, sort of like the bark on a tree. It has bristles on the edges, it's probably 3/4 of an inch stretched out and it moves like a leech.. all twirly in the water but fast as hell.

By the time I figured out how to save the picture on my camera phone, I looked back at the tank and couldn't find the bugger again. Any ideas?

-A

Charlesr1958

Experienced Reefer
Could have been any number of bristleworm species which thankfully most are beneficial members of your clean up crew. I have a fair selection of worm photos within my hitch hiker pages if you care to try and match up what you saw in your tank.

A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Reefs

Chuck

A

Anonymous

caddyshack_doody.jpg

Apparently they're capable of living in chlorinated fresh water too..

No worries, this guy does a great job cleaning them up...

goonies.jpg

Baby..... Ruth!

;)

Seriously tho, look over the hitchhikers link.. - I'm guessing its a cuke - till you can share that pic anyway.. :)
(edit: :oops: Ooops, you said it moves fast.. - Hhhmm.. - Got me.. :?)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: