Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So... I have been trying to redesign the layout and equipment in my sump.

I have a 40 breeder with a 20 tall tank as a sump. There is very little room. Here is what I currently have in the small amount of space outside of the sump:

2 Power supplies and controller for LED lights
2 Power strips hanging on inside wall of stand
Cables
1 Phosban reactor (it is sitting INSIDE the sump, but there is some room taken up)
Food, net, scrapper, etc.

Inside the sump I have the filter sock, phosban reactor, return pump, skimmer, skimmer pump, heater.

Here is my problem- I need some kind of "reactor" or small canister filter to run carbon.

I will also be adding my controller.

Any suggestions on a small reactor or canister filter for carbon? Do they make something only a few inches in size?

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
How about just putting the carbon in a bag in a high flow area. There are mini reactors with pump in the bottom that only take up a small space. I believe they are made by Innovative marine.

I feel like this method is the biggest waste of $$...

Have you tried alternating between carbon and phosban? Or mixing them both in the same reactor?

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I feel like this method is the biggest waste of $$...

Have you tried alternating between carbon and phosban? Or mixing them both in the same reactor?
For the carbon it is best to force the water through, a reactor would not be as effective... I used to run it in a media bag sitting inside of my filter sock, but it is more effective if the water goes through the media. Also, tumbling carbon will break it up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: