efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wondering if anyone out there has experince using this product. I saw pretty good threads on RC. I just ordered it for myself and will post results when I start using it.

Thanks
Eric

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy with the color and growth of my SPS's but always the desire to get better colors, growth and overall general health of the tank.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I am happy with the color and growth of my SPS's but always the desire to get better colors

:lol2: @ SPS lovers. Whenever I hear "I'm happy with my colors, but want better...", I think of this page.

Do these products promise substantial improvements over currently successful SPS tanks or visually imperceptible changes? :scratch:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Eric, I'm not trying to talk you out of Prodibio. In fact, I am looking forward to your results to see if it is something that I may use. I do have a few questions for you though. Since you're trying to improve your colors and overall health you may want to consider a few things. Looking at your photos in your gallery I notice your water is discolored.
RightSideViewShot.JPG

What is your phosphate level and what testkit are you using?

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are older pics and not to mention the dam maroon clown tearing up the substrate all the time makes pics look like ****. i wish the dam Rhino would eat him..lol.. But I use Lamotte and salifert and both read 0. My ORP is 450, Calc 475, alk 10.2, Nitrate/nitrite 0 ph 8.3 RODI TDS inline 0 external TDS meter 0. The Attanics with the 10K reeflux may make the water look a little green or discolored.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I hear ya about those damn clowns. I used to have the same problems in the past. Salifert and lamotte are the best testkits in the hobby but unfortunately the PO4 testkits are not accurate at low levels. Once you get below .05 they read 0. One of our members "Chris288" who changed his name to "Loismustdie" :D had "problems" with his colors and his testkits read "0" He ran a ton of phosban and his colors started to pop. Using a Hanna meter he was able to see his real phosphate level and it wasn't 0. It was actually kind of high.

Do you get green algae on your glass?
Do you have a recent pic of your reefs so I can see the current colors you're getting?
Fogive me for being a PITA but I am a little drunk and have noting better to do :D I can also help you to get your colors to pop without any magic supplements though :D

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure no problem. I am running a ton of Rowaphos myself I have a pretty have bio load and they like to eat that is for sure, plus the tank is still kinda new. It has only been up and running since august. When I bought my house I took my 65 gallon and upgraded to the 210 with a 150 gallon sump. I will shoot you a pic tomorrow since the MH are out. I did have green algae on my glass. That is when I increased the Rowaphos. It might have to increease it again if that is the case with the test kits. Althought the growth hasnt stoped and polups are out.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
But I use Lamotte and salifert and both read 0.
"Chris288" who changed his name to "Loismustdie" :D had "problems" with his colors and his test kits read "0" He ran a ton of phosban and his colors started to pop. Using a Hanna meter he was able to see his real phosphate level and it wasn't 0. It was actually kind of high.
Yep... I'm not only a hair club member... I'm the president. My PO4 was so high, the Hanna couldn't read it. Zero on a Salifert test kit is too high in reality. Funny how everyone who isn't happy with their tank always has "perfect" water quality. I thought the same thing when my tank was full of brown acros. Salifert said I was good. Turns out, I wasn't. Salifert is fine for CA, MG and ALK. Salifert PO4 and NO3 kits are just a little better than not testing at all. If you do SPS, you should get better kits for nutrients. There is a reason why SPS are considered advanced. "I can look at my corals and tell if there is something wrong" or, "I have a Deltec and the guy at the LFS says my water quality is fine" just won't do.
Anyone who has a retort to my above statement, ask me and I will tell you how many members of this site have sent water to me for it to be tested. You'll be surprised how many have and how bad their water actually is, even though they say it's "perfect". I've said this before... while Dean was here, we talked about how EVERYONE has "undetectable" nitrate levels. Well, if you don't test for it, then it theoretically is undetectable.
Now, if your water does test fine, what are you using as a gauge to compare your colors with? Most web-sites are so photo-chopped that you couldn't get those colors unless you printed up those photos and taped them to your glass. What lighting is being used? My colors got better with better bulbs.
Sometimes, I sound like I'm bashing, but I'm really not. Think of it like someone with high nitrate. Water changes aren't the best solution to fix it. You have to find the root of the problem, then water changes will help. Find out exactly why your colors aren't popping and then find a solution from there. I'm not telling you not to experiment. Hell, I'm in the process of an experiment with about 4 large worth of equipment. Just make sure everything else is good before you add something you may not need.

Last edited:

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I am not looking for website colors on my SPS's. I can also look at my SPS's and tell the health of the tank. I was just trying to enhance the colors a bit more. I really dont add any kid of additives to my tank and was just reaching out for suggestions. I am not complaining about the colors of my acros. Most of my acros are doing just fine, growing polyps opened,maintaining their colors etc. I am currently using 10k Coralvue reeflux which according to Sanjay spikes higher then the 20k Radiums. I have 3 400watter's running on PFO HQI ballasts with lumenarc reflectors and T5 attanic really just for aesthetics. I know I have a higher bioload then probably recommended with a reef tank but what is the sense of a reef tank with out some fish. I dont over feed and infact I use mostly seaweed as I have mostly tangs. (yes tang police I have more then I should, lets not go there). I don't mean to sound like I am bashing back as I repect everyones comments and I have learned alot of the past 3 reading and posting onsites like these. I guess I should of posted what additives if any are people using on SPS tanks and if there are any benefits or am I just tossing cash around.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I like your lighting. I'm also a big fish guy and I am an over feeder. All I dose to my tank is Randy 2 Part, Phol's Coral Vitalizer from Zeovit(I know... the name on that one screams "SNAKE OIL") and small amounts of zeovit amino acids and potassium. I'm not running a zeovit system, I just use a couple of their supplements. I also do large monthly water changes.
I started dosing Tropic Marin A and K Elements this month and to be completely honest, I have seen no difference using this product. I don't think I'll be buying it again.
I came across an advertisement of Prodibio in a magazine. Sounds like an AZ-NO3 or sugar water product to me.

efisher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the updated pics. I am not the best photographer. LOL... Sorry for the delay has been a busy week.

Attachments

• DSCN5160 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5160 (Large).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN5159 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5159 (Large).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 255

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: