kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Y not just take out 2 baffles and use the area for a larger fuge ? The Cheato will block out bubbles

Thats a good question and I'm not sure yet.

I'm eventually planning on putting a beckett skimmer on here and they need about 800gph going thru them. You can run them less and I'll probably mod the beckett so I'm not sure what the flow need will be. I really wanted the fuge to just flow over into the aquarium. Thats one thing I like about the zonal approach, that pods wouldn't go thru a pump to get the display. At first I thought of pumping from the display into the sump but I also really want to skim the display water for the skimmer. I could pump everything into the large fuge or some right back into the tank but then there would be less baffling for bubble protection and the cheato might not be enough. And I'm just concerned about having too much flow thru the fuge.

Last edited:

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Im setting up a new skimmer today my BK is just way too big for my tank so im using the KZ skimmer its like a beckett but its not. I know of 4 people using them and they say its the best they have ever used better then any needlewheel and beckett and there small

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Nick,

Not to take this off topic, but its a beckett, exactly. Last year there was a thread on RC which worked out, with math and pictures, on how to mod a beckett. From what I heard from a reliable source, those skimmer are actually made in taiwan and all they did was take the mods from the beckett thread.

The cone design was done by BK in 04 and ATB in 06 and thats what they are trying to patent. Which I believe Klaus is having an issue over. And from watching videos those skimmer's performance don't even come close to some of the becketts we have here like the barr. PM if you have any questions about it because I want to keep on track with this thread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: