AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I like the analogy! Thats a question that I have yet to find or hear a complete answer to. Are the reefs in the world high nutrient water? I always thought because of the sheer size of the ocean, that even though there may be lots of nutrients passing around a natural reef, the amount of ULN water that is constantly moving still makes the levels relatively low. I mean, if you tested the PO4 in a natural reef, it would read high? I dunno.

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks for the articles! Seeing how Korallen-Zucht constantly states that the ULNS the Zeovit method creates is an attempt at simulating nature as closely as possible, that is what always led me to believe that the ocean and the reefs are largely a nutrient poor environment. KZ would sound pretty stupid if they didn't even research their "motto".

recife

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit states that the bacteria is different that regular nitrifying bacteria
I think that would be untrue.

They would use bacteria that is used to break down waste and would be no different than what is used in waste management.

some bacteria that they would use,
Pseudomonas stutzeri
Paracoccus denitrificans
Nitrosomonas europeaBacillus subtilis

The ultimate end is results. Zeovit's results speak for themselves.

Sure, but then when you use any bacterial system you will end up with the same result, it does also come down to the person skills to use the product correctly,

My tank using Fauna Marin

P9122636.JPG

P9122615.JPG

recife

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeovit states that the bacteria is different that regular nitrifying bacteria
They would be marketing hype.

It will contain bacteria that is used to break down waste like

Bacillus subtilis
Nitrobacter winogradskyi
Paracoccus denitrificans
Pseudomonas stutzeri

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I think when Shaun did his bacterial analysis he found exactly what he thought he'd find. At least in the few conversations I had with him he had yet to be surprised or convinced by anything he had seen in FM or zeo. As I remember it anyway....

What I found REALLY interesting in those articles is that one mentions that reefs are VERY low oxygen environments!

recife

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the strains of bacteria commonly found in non additive systems or are these the strains commonly found in additive systems?

Some of these strains are in aquariums. most of them are bacteria found in water ways and soil.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is a video I took of Stan's ZEOvit tanks (SMCOOLER). His 180 was reaquascaped thats why it looks new but his frag tanks and his 120 have been running for years. All four tanks are connected to the same system running 7 liters of ZEOvit rocks. His corals don't have the "pastel" look but he is also running all MH's whereas most European ZEO users run T5's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_O95o5PAhE

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I doing the zoe way and it not alot of work . In the moring I pump the zoe reactor 15x with the pump on for the reactor then i dose zoe bak ,zoe foods , and zoe starts 2 and AA thats it for know . But thats all to it if you want to know more go to this site it will till you everything you need to now. http://www.zeovit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

+1 on this. It really doesn't look like a TON of extra work. Daily dosing and more frequent testing/closer observation of corals... but who doesn't stare into their tank on a daily basis anyway? :happysad:

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
maybe some zoe user can chime in and break it down into simple terms. What is zeolite exactly. I have read some articles about it, but I really ever gather is its a bunch of rock in a reactor and additives to dose.
I?m a simple, meat an potato kind of a guy, good skimming with good nutrient exportation, good light and quality salt and bioload matched to the tank.
I?m not trying to be a nay sayer about zeo, its just to new to me. I don?t know, if the proof is in the pudding, and its easier to do, I may jump into it. But I don?t want to risk my tanks just yet.
What does it do? I read you cant use GFO, but a little bit of carbon, its good for sps but not so good for LPS? Any truth to this? IDK.
Its seems like its really getting a good following and I do believe the germans do have a better grasp on the reef keeping then the US. Maybe im wrong but most of the german websites show some really beautiful SPS tanks. The one thing I did learn is that zeolite can crash a system faster then a blink of an eye.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks for the link batt.
I just finished reading the explanation to the ZeoVit system. Its not a lot of work IMHO, but it does seem like potentially more problems could come about if one should over does or miss doing a maintenance part.
Also I stand corrected. in the post by G Alexander, he does say LPS does ok. It appears the zeo system could have its place in a larger system, collectively 200 gallons or more but for smaller tanks it seems its not exactly a system to be used, as of now.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
sharkbait, don't take this the wrong way, but why are you coming to those conclusions, such as "the tank will crash if you miss one dose", or "it's not for small tanks" ...?

It's explained in the zeovit forums that you can miss one (or more actually) doses and the tank will not crash. You do have to go slowly and not add too much too soon, and you have to test your parameters, but it doesn't suggest that you'll have a tank crash if you miss one dose.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
sharkbait, don't take this the wrong way, but why are you coming to those conclusions, such as "the tank will crash if you miss one dose", or "it's not for small tanks" ...?
It's explained in the zeovit forums that you can miss one (or more actually) doses and the tank will not crash. You do have to go slowly and not add too much too soon, and you have to test your parameters, but it doesn't suggest that you'll have a tank crash if you miss one dose.
No, problems. Im going off of what other users have said and that?s what I have been told by users who have failed and reading the users "conclusions' to people who have tried it.
That?s why I asked about the zeo systems and thanked Batt for the link. never knew of the zoe MB. I read the part from G Alexander and corrected my statement to a degree.
G Alexander, kept making references to dosing a 200 gallon collectively, so I assume that would mean total water. But never made mention at all to smaller systems. So I don?t know for sure. But again I have been told by people the ?zeo systems are not easy for smaller systems also.
Again, I?m ignorant to the zeo system. To me, off the MB I really don?t hear to much about the zeo system anymore. It was a big wave at first but, it did die down rather quickly. Only when I jump on MB do I see zeo questions pop up once in a while.
I mean no disrespect to the zeo users nor do I mean to down play it by no means. I have seen pictures of zeo systems and the corals look fantastic, but ignorance and reading and hearing about how it messed up perfectly running systems along with not readily seeing zeo systems makes one a little gun shy and confused to them.
Like I said, I?m a meat and potato kind of guy. I like my systems to simple. Skimming nutrient exportation and light along with quality water and salt is all I needed. If a zeo system is a proven tool to the hobby I?m all in, absolutely.
Maybe I?m at that age now where new technology and the fear of crashing my system scares me, I don?t know. That?s why I asked questions and tried to pose my questions as is this true with ??????
I did not try and come off as ? AH zeo systems are garbage and a gimmick? if I did that was not my intentions

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Do you use the zeo system? do you like it ? what types of test are you doing besides the basic reef test?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
I using it on my 75g you have to now how much zoelights to put in the reactor and the flow rate for your tank . It can be used on smaller tanks and bigger tanks as long as you can put a zoe reactor in you sump
For all that what to now about zeovit system heres the zoe guide

Attachments

• zeoguide_103_english-1.pdf
    320.9 KB · Views: 101

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I using it on my 75g you have to now how much zoelights to put in the reactor and the flow rate for your tank . It can be used on smaller tanks and bigger tanks as long as you can put a zoe reactor in you sump
For all that what to now about zeovit system heres the zoe guide

nice thank you. I'll check it out now.

Batt do you find the zeo system more convenient to use? what test do you do?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: