Madman05705

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
hello every 1 i recently got a fish feeder n today b4 leaving i look at my tank n i see it n a bunch of food on my sand bed i scoop up some of the food n the feeder n i open the feeder n i see some brown rusty water coming out the feeder batteries wat should i do im running on very little time b4 i leave im running carbon in a reactor do i really need to worry i check my parameters here they go
my nitrate when from 0 to 180
my amonia from 0 to 0.5
my nitrite 0
ph 8.2
i have a 180 tank n i m running to mp40 n a aqua c 180 skimmer
plz some 1 help

TripleT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you have an ammonia reading? Has something died in the tank?

Between that, and the possibility of contamination from the battery, I would do a large water change and retest.

I would also run out today and get a Polyfilter, or Pura filter pad, and fit one or both into your system. And replace in a couple of weeks.

How does your livestock look? Any signs of stress?

Madman05705

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Why do you have an ammonia reading? Has something died in the tank?

Between that, and the possibility of contamination from the battery, I would do a large water change and retest.

I would also run out today and get a Polyfilter, or Pura filter pad, and fit one or both into your system. And replace in a couple of weeks.

How does your livestock look? Any signs of stress?
everything looks ok i cant do a larger water change because it takes time im about jst use regular water instead of ro n added prime would prime kill corals? i think my amonia spike up because i disturb some of the sand

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Prime won't kill the corals.
Since you have to leave for work - there isn;t much you can do.

If your carbon wasn't just recently changed, you may want to change that before you leave.
Do a water change tonight, and DEFINITELY get a few PolyPads TODAY and keep checking them for change in color. If they keep filling up, I''d keep changing them.

Madman05705

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
KathyC said:
Prime won't kill the corals.
Since you have to leave for work - there isn;t much you can do.

If your carbon wasn't just recently changed, you may want to change that before you leave.
Do a water change tonight, and DEFINITELY get a few PolyPads TODAY and keep checking them for change in color. If they keep filling up, I''d keep changing them.
I'm going on vacation. I'm going to change my carbon it's only 3 weeks old I'm adding 30 gallons of tap n prime I'm mixing it now hopefully nothing bad happens to my tank

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
When do you leave for vacation? Do you have someone watching your tank? There are agencies that can do tank maintenance while you are away if you set it up ahead of time. pm me for more info if you're still around. Best of luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: