Nemeth27

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pmoneyt, what has been your experience with aquaticsystem reactors? On your 180 specifically. If you could do it all over, would you buy a Geo 618 instead?

Sorry to hijack the thread!

sig45

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My suggestion would be to buy used. I just went on ebay and there are 3 available in your price range. One is a MRC dual chamber w. mag 2 pump and regulator for $225 another is bidding in the $76 range and looks comparable.
After you feel comfortable with Ca reactors you may consider changing your sysytem. Dont buy new ...way overpriced!

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Just set up a used koraline cal reactor and am happy with it it's keeping my parameters stable saw the same reactor with the regulator and tank for 150$ great deal
I put my set up together for like $300 for media and everything

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
If you want stable go the balling light your par will alway stay stable and you will get better growth from using it . Its still dosing by hand or by dosing pumps but its worth it . A calcuim reactor is good but theres alot of problem that come with it . One is can take weeks to ajust 02 need to be refilled ph probe can go bad and crash your tank the effluent can get cloged and crash your tank. With the balling light there really no error you dose small doses in a 7 day period to keep alk , cal , mag all in check. Its better and safe way to keep par stable.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: