bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Is this because of diatoms ?? Or my coral is trying to come back to life?

Also the green algae on my rocks, is that becoming hair green algae or bubble??? The rock was blue when i got it.

i never dealt with hair algae or bubble before

Attachments

• 619A4BD5-7F9E-481C-A67C-D98BB98CFA88.jpeg
    619A4BD5-7F9E-481C-A67C-D98BB98CFA88.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 4C6813B1-4343-45E8-B7C1-B8CB02137805.jpeg
    4C6813B1-4343-45E8-B7C1-B8CB02137805.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • 7B8EF148-11DA-45A8-A3EB-B84E64C2611B.jpeg
    7B8EF148-11DA-45A8-A3EB-B84E64C2611B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59

SimonDraws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also the green algae on my rocks, is that becoming hair green algae or bubble??? The rock was blue when i got it.

Aye Bro.....
What is your water parameters man. Like I told you long ago my Brother...A GAME.
Don't learn the hard way homes. It's what everyone here been trying to tell you!

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

You are trying to rush your tank. No way sps should be in your tank already unless you are much more advanced in this hobby than you are. No offense, just don’t want to see you waste more money or be disappointed. Slow down and test your water to better figure out what is going on.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yes, 100 to 300 small hermit crabs, they sell on line 100 for $45, at reefcleaners, or $32 at reeftopia. These crabs are about the size of a sweet pea, 1/4 to 1/2" in size.
Reef cleaners are mixed crabs species, whereas reeftopia gives only blue legged ones. I ordered regular shipping twice, but about 30 to 40% died since USPS flat rate boxes were shipping an extra 2 days, (5 days from Florida) so then I went with over night, with 100% survival. 100 of these crabs are like 1/3 of a cup in mass. They will grow into the 150 gallon. There is a live arrival policy, so I was refunded the difference in cost. In the end I have about that many crabs in my 75/40 system now.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Ok
You are trying to rush your tank. No way sps should be in your tank already unless you are much more advanced in this hobby than you are. No offense, just don’t want to see you waste more money or be disappointed. Slow down and test your water to better figure out what is going on.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Yes, 100 to 300 small hermit crabs, they sell on line 100 for $45, at reefcleaners, or $32 at reeftopia. These crabs are about the size of a sweet pea, 1/4 to 1/2" in size.
Reef cleaners are mixed crabs species, whereas reeftopia gives only blue legged ones. I ordered regular shipping twice, but about 30 to 40% died since USPS flat rate boxes were shipping an extra 2 days, (5 days from Florida) so then I went with over night, with 100% survival. 100 of these crabs are like 1/3 of a cup in mass. They will grow into the 150 gallon. There is a live arrival policy, so I was refunded the difference in cost. In the end I have about that many crabs in my 75/40 system now.
Will do

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Adding 1000 CUC just bad advice. Sorry
what you think it will happen when the 1000 cuc finish eating all you algae? Yes they all will starved to death. what happens when it dies? they decade and release nutrient back to the tank. = more fuel to the fire. you are back to square one!

Fix the cause of the algae otherwise you are fighting a loosing battle. Tank is too new for corals. it is in the ugly stage.
You tank is no more than a month old. you may started the tank 6 months ago but each time you took it down to empty the tank. you have disturbed the balance of the tank. If not done correctly. it will start a cycle with each time you empty your tank. This tank is no way ready for corals.
Stop adding corals. keep what you have now and go slow and do your own research.
Stop listening to everyone here. Find a local reefer that have successful tank and follow his advice to the Tee. Otherwise you just wasting time and money.

Last edited:

SimonDraws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aye Bro...you probably all tight and uneasy thinking I'm always Sonning you, but I'm just trying to help here. I spotted your problem with the way you was propping up that tank and good you fixed it or else you'd be like Sponge Bob really under the sea.

I just spotted your other problem. Stop hanging a flashlight over your tank! Cheap lights lead to bad problems with reef tanks bro.

come on man!! I said "A" GAME!

When you going to bring it?

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Aye Bro...you probably all tight and uneasy thinking I'm always Sonning you, but I'm just trying to help here. I spotted your problem with the way you was propping up that tank and good you fixed it or else you'd be like Sponge Bob really under the sea.

I just spotted your other problem. Stop hanging a flashlight over your tank! Cheap lights lead to bad problems with reef tanks bro.

come on man!! I said "A" GAME!

When you going to bring it?
Cut it out no personals baby and I told you bro im upgrading

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Quick question tho everyone!!!
My previous setup years ago i had marine pure blocks

never noticed or even knew aluminum leaches out

is that very hazardous to a reef tank?? Is there something i can use better???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: