Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

Hi Reefers

We are having a 4 day Special on Red Sea Fish and CLAMS :eek::eek:. We have over 75 Red Sea Maxima Clams in stock. These clams have not been available for over 15 years in the NY area. Listed below are the Special Prices that will be good Thursday 1/16- Sunday 1/19

Small Sohal and Purple Tangs- $99
Med Sohal and Purple Tangs-$119
Large Sohal and Purple Tangs-$149
Small Desjardini Tangs- $69
Med/Large Asfur Angelfish-$119
Med Blond Naso Tangs $149
Sm Tridacna Maxima Clams-$69
Med Tridacna Maxima Clams-$79
Large Tridacna Maxima Clams-$99!!!!!!!

We also have other Red Sea fish, stop by you won't be disappointed
Thanks
AV

Attachments

• red sea clams 3.jpg
    red sea clams 3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Red-Sea-Maxima-Clams-2.jpg
    Red-Sea-Maxima-Clams-2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,373
  • red sea clams.jpg
    red sea clams.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,381

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Do you have any small to medium Red Sea Regal Angels? (3")...a couple of weeks ago you had 2 which sold while I was there but they were pretty big, (and fat LOL).
thanks

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I am sorry to announce that Fish and Wildlife did not release our Red Sea Clams today.
We are waiting for them to clear them and hope to have them within the next day or so.
They are in NY and in the hands of Fish and Wildlife who are waiting for them to clear.
They did not give a clear reason for holding them up, but maybe they didn't recognize the clams since they have not been in the US for over 15 years. LOL We will post on this site when they arrive. Thank you

timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
instead of just posting them up for sale before you have them in you should post these things when you actually have them in stock wasted a trip there yesterday should get a discount for wasting a 1+ hr and the gas just to see they did not have the clams in possession

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
They did come in but Fish and Wildlife told us we could not sell them and they collected them and put them in a holding tank. As for a discount, if you look at the price we are offering them to you, you would notice they are considerably discounted for MR customers. I am sorry you had to make a trip, but it was not our fault that Fish and Wild life does not know what they are doing. I spent 6 hours with them trying to get them to rerelease them. I was very unhappy that they have 100+ of my rare clams.

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
They told me the decision would not be made until Tuesday. I have called politicians and everyone you can think of. I think you might be right. If you see anyone selling Red Sea clams, let me know. LOL

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something isn't right. They came to the store and took the clams? The importer or exporter most likely tried to do some illegal stuff. Either avoid the inspection center or mislabel the shipment. Once items are inspected and released Fish and Wildlife is confiscating them unless there was an issue.

but it was not our fault that Fish and Wild life does not know what they are doing.

I worked with many Fish and Wildlife employees while I worked for he DEC while in school and they are very competent people from my experiences with them. Can you specify why they don't know what they are doing.

I will call my dad and see if you can get something done. He now works for the Museum of Natural History and imports wildlife for research. Before that he was an evolutionary biologist and also did a lot of importing. I spent a lot of time with him at the import hub with him.

KurtL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember that these clams are coming from one of the most unstable areas on the planet. For example, Sudan and South Sudan are committing genocide as I type. No surprise that theyre getting extra attention.

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I don't really want to get too much into this. The clams are in a very good and safe tank system. They are not nor will not be clam soup. In fact they are being cared for by experienced people.
As for the exporter doing something illegal, all the paperwork and forms are in order. We sent a delivery to Atlanta and to Miami and they were cleared with the exact same paperwork. I will not continue to talk about this, but know that everything is in order and we are dealing with very inexperienced people. All should be well and they will be released, hopefully by Tuesday. Thank you for all your concern.

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The clams have arrived and they are very healthy. There is a large variety of colors even though we sold many today. They are in 2 different tanks in our store. We had more than expected and even though we sold quite a few today and late yesterday when they came in, I believe there are at least 60 left.

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Sm Tridacna Maxima Clams-$69
Med Tridacna Maxima Clams-$79
Large Tridacna Maxima Clams-$99!!!!!!!

How long are these prices good for?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: