Taino

Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been checking out MR for a couple of months now, I figured it was about time I introduced myself. I've been out of the hobby for a long time and have just been trying to catch up with as much info as possible. I had a 65 gallon reef tank for 3 years in the late 80's to early 90's and a quite a bit has changed since then, mostly more advanced lighting, better skimmers and tons of reef related products. No one uses wet dry trickle filters anymore it seems- that was considered the best thing back then. A visit to a LFS a few months ago was all it took to get bit by the reef bug again. I saw a nano tank set up and i just had to have one. Anyways here I am trying to learn as much as possible from you guys and share my opinions here and there. I've bought corals from a couple of boardmembers already and look forward to meeting more members to do some buying or trading in the future. After seeing some of your tanks, the wife already is talking about making space in the living room for a bigger tank, so the future looks bright.

Cheers,

Ruben

Taino

Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the welcome guys. You are right House- tons of reading to be done. Any books you guys recommend.?? Still have the old Albert Thiel book, but it is very outdated.

Cheers,

Ruben

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Welcome Taino... i said the same thing (what is a good book to read) u no what my best book is well not really a book but the dedicated family (members) we have here.. there so much knowledge here as u have been reading the threads for a while so u no that already..... absorb the knowledge and make something great...

welcome and let see some pics of the nano tank...

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Welcome Ruben, reppin the BX Manhattan Reef style...lol.
What part are you from? I'm around Fordham/Grand Councourse. Cheers!

Taino

Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
Welcome Taino... i said the same thing (what is a good book to read) u no what my best book is well not really a book but the dedicated family (members) we have here.. there so much knowledge here as u have been reading the threads for a while so u no that already..... absorb the knowledge and make something great...

welcome and let see some pics of the nano tank...

Thanks again for the welcome guys. You are right Tony. In the few months I have been reading up in here, i've learned quite a bit. Just trying to absorb as much as possible. I've always like to have books also to read up when i cant get to the computer, I guess i can always print out a bunch of informational pages and have tons to read. Here is a recent pic of the tank:

Attachments

• DSCN0785.JPG
    DSCN0785.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 85

Taino

Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
froggiebunbun said:
Welcome Ruben, reppin the BX Manhattan Reef style...lol.
What part are you from? I'm around Fordham/Grand Councourse. Cheers!
Froggie I live in the Valley- just outside of Coop City

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: