anen

Rookie Extraordinare
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm finally making headway getting my tank running. It's a 65g with a 1500gph glass holes overflow kit. It has dual 1.25" drains and dual .75" returns. I'm running an eheim 1262 into a hard plumbed manifold. The thing making the most noise is the drains- I think the drain pipes are too big.

I really want to have my tank running in time for the swap. Is anyone willing to come over to Riverdale to help me with this? If you can help me silence this beast I'd be willing to buy you some food or throw you a couple bucks. Please PM me.

Lostinthedark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A very simple solution is to cut a piece of 1/4" airline tubing and stick it in the overflow. I use a piece about 8" long. Experiment with how deep it goes in but usually 2-3 inches is best. It allows the air to enter the pipes without surface suction. The right length will result in a perfectly quiet overflow.

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
A very simple solution is to cut a piece of 1/4" airline tubing and stick it in the overflow. I use a piece about 8" long. Experiment with how deep it goes in but usually 2-3 inches is best. It allows the air to enter the pipes without surface suction. The right length will result in a perfectly quiet overflow.

this is probably the most simple fix. google how to silence a overflow if your still unclear:splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: