Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I popped a a LFS on 8th ave in the 40's in brooklyn, Some time they have a good deal it is worth a look from time to time. today I was was shocked the coral tanks were infested with flatworms I never seen them othere then in a picture but they were everwere in the tanks if you go there beware until they take care of the problem. I told the owner but I was not sure they understand english well! I hope they do somthing about it is not such a bad store the prices are good!

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I bought stuff with red flatworms from guys who had great tanks and coral still looks great. You should dip all your coral and not be scared of that unless you dont dip. There is plenty of great LFS and vendors with worse stuff then red flatworm. I dose flat worm exit when ever i see them, It is coming real popular now with all these hitch hickers on all corals that more people get them or have them so it will never end. If the store has a tn of them and does not use FWE then your right he has a problem,LOL

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I popped a a LFS on 8th ave in the 40's in brooklyn, Some time they have a good deal it is worth a look from time to time. today I was was shocked the coral tanks were infested with flatworms I never seen them othere then in a picture but they were everwere in the tanks if you go there beware until they take care of the problem. I told the owner but I was not sure they understand english well! I hope they do somthing about it is not such a bad store the prices are good!
are you talking about royal ?

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I bought stuff with red flatworms from guys who had great tanks and coral still looks great. You should dip all your coral and not be scared of that unless you dont dip. There is plenty of great LFS and vendors with worse stuff then red flatworm. I dose flat worm exit when ever i see them, It is coming real popular now with all these hitch hickers on all corals that more people get them or have them so it will never end. If the store has a tn of them and does not use FWE then your right he has a problem,LOL

yes i dip all my and qt it for about a month b4 i put it in my main tank even then if i sell any coral i tell anyone to do the same sometime is better to be safe then sorry

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dont think the name is royal. I know of 2 on 8th ave one have a reef tank when u walk in its not that place it is the one that has koi to your left and right when you walk in I think it is on 48th an 8th

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
most lfs do have some sort of pest no matter how much they say that their systems are pest free. its not that they dont do anything its that they deal with such a large amount of livestock and get in so frequently that by the time they get rid of or almost get rid of the problem the problem re-appears in their system. all they can do is try to keep it under control rather than completely solve it.

rickytsui

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I dont think the name is royal. I know of 2 on 8th ave one have a reef tank when u walk in its not that place it is the one that has koi to your left and right when you walk in I think it is on 48th an 8th

that will be royal they really really suck they dont care what they sell to you as long as they get there money is all matter

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
that will be royal they really really suck they dont care what they sell to you as long as they get there money is all matter

Ricky, he is not talking about royal on 64th street.

He is talking about a small shop which change hands last year on 8th Ave at about 48th st.

The new owner said he got his coral from Tommy last time I passed by. I do find that the new owner has little knowledge in S/W. I can bet you a fish that he does not know what flatworms are and mean.

The previous owners used to have very good price on fish when he got small imports directly.

lsi

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I got some red mushrooms from the said store some time ago, but being new to reefing, I didn't know what flatworms were. Needless to say, after a couple of months, my tank was completely overrun with thousands and thousands of those things. I spent hours siphoning them out one by one and after a couple of applications of flatworm exit, they seem to be gone. When I went back to the store, I saw that their largest coral tank was very heavily infested, which is a shame, because otherwise they have a nice selection and good prices. I don't think the owners know much about SW.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: