Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using thousand island aquarium for years and lately they have really gone down hill. So I am wondering where does everyone else go for fish and coral. I live in the Bensonhurst area.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I visited 100 Island on Monday and there was nothing I would be interested in but they are expecting a larger delivery this Sunday. The woman working there was in the process of placing an order for corals and fish while I was talking to her. They took my # and promised to call me when everything is ready for sale. We'll see.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also went to most of the stores today. The ones on 8th ave were dirty and the fish looked sick. The one on 18ave was pricey. Coral theory was nice place for coal and frags (I bought 2 frags). They don't have many fish but there waiting for there tanks to cycle. I will be going there again soon,great experience.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Brooklyn Zoo is what i think its called. Been there for ages just like world class aquariums. World class shrunk its saltwater tanks by more than 70%. their prices were high anyway which is why they just downgraded. Brooklyn Zoo is overpriced as well and I wish they would be more competitive cause they do have a lot of tanks and they actually can have an amazing coral reef and saltwater fish store. They can triple their sales in that section if they just worked volume more than individual short quick high priced sales. I stopped even going there years ago. Bought my first reef tank from them so they do have a place in my heart. Mabe if i have the time ill talk to them and if any of you go there, let them know how you feel and that we would support them if they brought their coral and livestock prices within normal range like the rest of our vendors here. The owner is actually an excellent guy. He could corner the market in brooklyn cause there is no store in brooklyn with competitive pricing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: