masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Funny enough most tank owners love to show them off, I know that the fios guys and the dominos delivery guy showed interest in my tank as well as the ups guy and I said to them( hey you wanna check it out) I love it when people ooooh and Ahhh at my clams responding to shadows, and my cleaner shrimp jumping into my hand to pic at it!!! Again it depends on a persons personality and ones approach .

I agree. It's all about you and how you deal with people. We all know Duke :rolleyes: :banghead: :sigh:

Russ

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
LMFAO

I've been following this too. APPROACH HIM ALREADY.....I'm getting antsy!! lmao

BTW, I think Awilda had the best idea. Have a frag of something in hand and the door will open that much quicker. ;) Great idea Awilda.

Russ

Thank you Russ!:hug:

Just do not make it a GSP, Capanella, Anthelia, or any of the known corals that can take over a tank.;)

DO NOT WEAR THAT T-SHIRT!LOL And don't listen to James! Not everyone is so cynical or grumpy.;) Stop generalizing New Yorkers, there are way to many of us to fit in to a single box.:tongue1:

BTW, why is everyone assuming it is a dude? Could be a gal you know.:biggrin:

Last edited:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
wow...this is a total stalker thread!
And of course, I read every post on all 7 pgs.

You could always write a letter...push it under their door.

I wouldn't lead with "Hey can I see your LEDs?"
I would read that as "Hey can I see your set up and when you are not home ...make them my setup?"

:)

nyprdr

New Addict
Rating - 50%
3   3   0
This thread is so hilarious. you guys need to go to reefer rehab. if you knock on my door asking about my tank imma look at you just like I look at the crackheads that try to sell me xxx on my block.. unless they have a laptop or sumthing like that.. as I think about it that whole bringing a frag thing might work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Just ask yourself if someone came to your door you don't know asking about your prized tank what would you say? Get the ?*#] outta here. Leave it alone. If you see him outside might be a better approach.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Screw that, you guys are so paranoid , wake up it's just a fish tank, you say leave it alone as if I was approaching the guy with hostility or about a previous altercation lol Brooklyn is not that bad guys we are not in the 80s anymore !!! Going for it today guys wish me luck!!!!! It's 630 pm or never!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: