Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Brooklyn is big..lol..Coral theory, but they are moving all of their livestock is 50% off, i am not sure what they have left.. Royal aqua world on 65thst and 8th ave, they had tons of fish. You can also go to another good fish store on 8th and 49th st. then you can go manhattan aquarium in manhattan and fauna also in manhattan.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Actually the store with a large reef tank in the window is the one between 54 and 55th st. It's called "Reef Aquarium". They have a good selection and very nice LPS colonies as well as some SPS frags. Whenever I'm there I didn't see any sick or dying fish so I assume they take good care of the stock. There is another store on the opposite side of the street at 49th st, It's called "Lucky Fish" I think. They have a smaller selection of corals but I would not buy a fish there.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Update:
i was at 8th ave and 55th st store. The tank in the window is infested with aiptasia. The same with a smaller tank with SPS frags. Lots of Aiptasia and SPS's look closed and not healthy. I didn't pay too much attention to the tank with LPS's colonies so I can't say.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
The tank in the window has aiptasia all over it, between the rocks, on the sand, close to corals. The tank with SPS frags has aiptasia colonies. I don't know how to describe it better. If you look at the SPS's there you will see they are not happy at all.
I was at Royal Aqua World and both guys working there were cleaning the tank with clams and changing water. You can see the difference.

tangy84

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I went there today, and they have beautiful collection of corals, and I didnt even see 1 aptasia, but I saw a lot of feather duster :). One of the best stores for corals in Brooklyn. Maybe u mistaken them for that other store on 49 or wherever it is.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I went there today, and they have beautiful collection of corals, and I didnt even see 1 aptasia, but I saw a lot of feather duster :). One of the best stores for corals in Brooklyn. Maybe u mistaken them for that other store on 49 or wherever it is.
Unfortunately I have a different opinion. The SPS frags tank was never I'm sure, never cleaned. The frags look dead. If this is "one of the best stores for corals in Brooklyn" ?.....
I saw a nice Torch colony. I asked the guy if he can frag one head for me. He said "No" with attitude and walked away.
If you have a reason to be a customer there, fine. I was there the last time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: