ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm close to that. I know for a fact they keep the phosphates at .25. It's not the best stuff for saltwater although they try really hard. Fresh water and plants for freshwater is another story. They are great with that.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that you know their phosphate levels I don't even know mine lol

ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I got ro from them in the beginning and could not figure out why my water was soooo f'd finally I tested there **** and magic!! There was my problem. When I told them they brushed it off an walked me down to their cave filled with the ro and sump. What a mess. Anyways I have since been trying to fix my tank.
Biocube 29hqi is the largest headache of my life next to my girlfriend.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I call pop corals they never have anything that I want even simple things like any type of torch or frogspawn maybe its just my luck though

roycinus

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There are also three stores on 8th ave. 65th st, 54 th and 49th. Sometimes u can find nice stuff.

I go to all 3 stores every weekend.

The one on 8th/49th is quite bad. Bubble algae, hair algae...you name it...all kinds of algae in the tank. 2/3 of the reef tanks have a lot of flatworms in there. I tried to tell the owner about flatworm exit and he didn't care and walked away from me. The price is cheap. If you walk away after asking for price, the woman owner will lower the price. It's like buying fake LV bags on Canal St. l guess they just want to get rid of it. Price is cheap, a large bubble coral for $60, open brain for $65, $75... The corals are not healthy and you can see some dead and half dead corals in the tank. Not recommended.

The second one on 8th/54th specializes in corals. They have 5 reef tanks, not including the huge show tank. The square tank is pretty good. Depends on what you are buying. Coral price is usually cheaper than the other 2 stores. I bought a bubble coral for $59, LTA for $39, a watermelon zoa colony ~50polyps for $35, a 4"x4" goniopora for $40. The SPS tank has gone downhill last time I checked. Most of the 2-3" SPS are $25-$35, but the tank has a lot of algae. I don't recommend buying fish from this place though. Most of the fist don't look very healthy and the water condition doesn't seem very good for Fish only tanks. Freshwater fish are not recommended as well. They mix guppies and endlers in the same tank and a 10 gallon tank has like 100+ guppies. I will come here for LPS or anemone. Definitely worth checking imo.

The third one is on 65th/8th. They hired a new guy and started doing corals for a while. The new guy is quite nice and tries his best to maintain the tanks. They lost a lot of lps in the biggest tank last month. If you want fish or shrimp, they usually have some good deals. $6 peppermint shrimp $25 fire shrimp, $20 cleaner shrimp, and they also sell other CUC, different kinds of shrimps, snails and crabs. So if you only need a few and don't wanna buy online, you can try this place. They sometimes run some good deals on frags, $20 each, $60 for 4. You can get 3 polyps acan, 2 head duncan, 2 head hammer, 3 polyps favia...They have very limited SPS though.

For the store on Bath Ave, owner is a great guy, but the store needs to add more stocks. The tank also needs some cleaning. They have bubble algae in the tank. Price is good. They have $40 200gallon salt.

well, best store in Brooklyn of course is Coral Theory. The big guy is very nice and professional. Tanks are very clean. Corals are very healthy and the selection is huge. They also carry a lot of CUCs and fish that don't usually sell in store. Not to mention the price is unbelievably reasonable, considering how much rent they are paying in that area. I hope they are a little closer to subway. It's quite a walk in winter. Carrying a few bags of heavy water with corals, and walking in the snow is not fun, lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: