thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Lol. I got ro from them in the beginning and could not figure out why my water was soooo f'd finally I tested there **** and magic!! There was my problem. When I told them they brushed it off an walked me down to their cave filled with the ro and sump. What a mess. Anyways I have since been trying to fix my tank.
Biocube 29hqi is the largest headache of my life next to my girlfriend.

Hahahah wait til your married!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bombel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral theory in Williamsburg is a great store they have the best prices I've seen. There are a bunch of stores on 8th ave around the 40'S but prices are diff a little higher. Theres also a decent fish store on 8th and 65th . There's a big store on Flatbush ave near kings plaza called world class aquariums but the owner is kinda crazy. When I was exiting that store I said il prolly come back in the future to pick up some stuff . He told me to bring more money next time (I only bought a gravel cleaner). Also on bay 16th and bath ave there is a coral store. Sorry for the unorganized post. I'm on my iPhone haha.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I agree on World Class Aquarium on Flatbush Ave. I was there once last year and I was looking for Microbacter7 and I was promised by one employee that they will have it on the next delivery a couple of days later. When I came after that they still didn't have it so I talked to the owner. He was asking me for the description of the employee like during police interrogation and he just let me know that no one can give any promises, then started to ask me why I even need this unnecessary "chemical". (he definitely didn't know what it was). This was the last time I was there. Never again.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I went to Regal (Bath Ave) Aquariums today and was really impressed. David is super nice and helped me with my questions and selection. Prices were really good too. I think I have my new go to spot. I had to resist getting too much so that I have an excuse to go back. Just a heads up it is only open in the evenings and weekends.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
Does David have a number or email to ask what he has in stock as far as nano fish?

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Half of the stuff in my tank comes from Coral theory and Bath ave aquarium.

I was actually trying to go to Coral Theory to get a shrimp but I was in Brighton and wouldn't have made it so looked up Bath. He didn't have the shrimp I wanted so ended up spending even more then I planned on other stuff go figure. Hopefully will make it to CT another time soon.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal aquariums phone number is not in service they still around?

Jenna X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Ken is my dude from 54th and 8th ave., 65th between 9th and 8th has comparable deals too. If you don't have a car both are by the N line on 8th ave.
Pop corals is by appointment only (they are on the vendor sales) and I'm a fan. I'm ecstatic and can't wait till their storefront opens up.

Happy Shopping!
:)

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
There's Brooklyn zoo and aquarium near my house its on Ralph avenue 11234, only good for fish, ridiculous coral prices. They wanted 70 dollars for a 8 pound rock with GSP on it. They have decent store credit. Then there's thousand island aquarium also near Brooklyn zoo and aquarium on utica ave. bought a long nose hawkfish from them once, never again. I saw a shipment come in and all their fish were sluggish and very stunned. A lot of them die the first night. The owner is an *** as well. A few blocks down there's world class aquarium, don't really much and when they do, it doesn't look good. They have a few tank, most of them are completely full of random fish and like 30 fish in a 15 gal. Coral prices are insane. They want 49.99 for a 5 pound rock with 5 mushroom corals on it.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Went to Bath ave aquarium and Coral Theory this week, pretty good stuff, Ok selection Ok prices. Honestly IMO pop corals has nicer/cheaper stuff in his garage than both those stores combined.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: