mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey - anyone know of a LFS that sells pre-mixed RO/DI water? Or even just regular RO water to top off?

I have been using pre-mixed water from Petco ($12 for 5 gal) for water changes and distilled water for top offs - but am thinking I want to switch over to RO for top offs as well.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Why not buy an rodi unit for $150 and thats it? Filter changes are only $25 every like 6 months

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hey - anyone know of a LFS that sells pre-mixed RO/DI water? Or even just regular RO water to top off?

I have been using pre-mixed water from Petco ($12 for 5 gal) for water changes and distilled water for top offs - but am thinking I want to switch over to RO for top offs as well.

I would imagine most stores do. Pop Corals does and pretty sure Bath Ave Aquariums.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I visited Brooklyn Zoo & Aquarium on 2377 Ralph Ave in search for CUC. I was quite impressed. Not too many corals there but lots of snails, Mexican turbo, Nassarius, etc. Tanks are well maintained and good selection of fish, smaller and bigger tanks as well as some supplies. It is far away from where I live but it was worth to go there. Nassarius are $1.99 a piece which is reasonable and this is the only store I found that had them.
I visited Bath ave store as well. It needs lots of work so I will not cooment on this place until they are fully ready for the business.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I visited Brooklyn Zoo & Aquarium on 2377 Ralph Ave in search for CUC. I was quite impressed. Not too many corals there but lots of snails, Mexican turbo, Nassarius, etc. Tanks are well maintained and good selection of fish, smaller and bigger tanks as well as some supplies. It is far away from where I live but it was worth to go there. Nassarius are $1.99 a piece which is reasonable and this is the only store I found that had them.
I visited Bath ave store as well. It needs lots of work so I will not cooment on this place until they are fully ready for the business.

I live right next to Brooklyn zoo, they are ok, but not great. For starters their nassarious snails are not nassarious snails, they are the black ones that are found in the thousands on the beach. I've never had luck with their turbos, tried them 5 times in prime reef conditions only to have them die everytime regardless of the abundance of hair algae. They have good fish most of the time and are willing to bargain. Never get supplies from there though, they over price like hell.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I live right next to Brooklyn zoo, they are ok, but not great. For starters their nassarious snails are not nassarious snails, they are the black ones that are found in the thousands on the beach. I've never had luck with their turbos, tried them 5 times in prime reef conditions only to have them die everytime regardless of the abundance of hair algae. They have good fish most of the time and are willing to bargain. Never get supplies from there though, they over price like hell.

+1 on the supplies. Use to get my supplies from thousand island better prices on supply's

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
+1 on the supplies. Use to get my supplies from thousand island better prices on supply's

I've always had problems with thousand island, at least with fish. Ever seen their fish come in on delivery day? Literally 1/3 or 1/2 of them die the next day, some in their store. Their fish always look very lethargic and stunned, I've seen shipments come into many stores and the fish almost never look like that. I made the mistake of buying a longnose hawkfish from them, died in prime conditions the next day and of course they say "it's your fault, our fish are perfect" so I stopped going there. World class aquarium a few blocks away is better with supplies but also get a lot of sick fish. The best place for fish is probably coral theory and bath ave, and the best outside of Brooklyn in manhattan aquariums, they are the only store I know with an actual warrenty on their fish for 24 or 48 hours, I've bought a lot of fish from them and have yet to have a loss, they bag with pure oxygen as well which is a plus.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
You are probably right about those "nassarius" snails. I bought 9 (they didn't have 10), 1 was dead on arrival, and 2 or 3 already stopped moving in spite of long drip acclimation process. I used to have nassarius snails some time ago they were very active, always moving in the sand, etc. Those are in lethargic state. Thanks for your comment and advice.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Went to Coral Theory yesterday. what a wonderful freaking place! Spoke to the dude there (forgot his name, im awful with them. I think he said Jimmy). Helped me find everything. Explained all the corals and was super freaking patient. I enjoyed the place so much i bought my first clowns from him! Def returning. AND THE PRICES ARE GREAT!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: