Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
There tanks where full with fish, and healthy looking.
They will get more fish this week as well.

Attachments

• WP_20131124_001.jpg
    WP_20131124_001.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 693
  • WP_20131124_005.jpg
    WP_20131124_005.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 705
  • WP_20131124_003.jpg
    WP_20131124_003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 694

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Eh ive had an horrible experience with them. They promised me 25 dollar store credit for a clown I had, I ended up only getting 10. I let that go and bought a few crabs and snails, all were dead by the next day (in perfect parameters in a SPS dominant tank). A while back I had requested a long nose hawkfish, they told me to come in the next day. I came in and saw them unpack their fish, which looked like extremely stunned and lethargic, like 10 dead in every box (I've unpacked fish for many stores, I had yet to see so many dead and sick fish in one shipment) no acclimation was done, angels, tangs and other fish were just thrown in the tank. I tried to say that I didn't want to hawkfish because it wasn't looking well, but the Chinese guy at the counter said that I had asked for it and was required to take it even though they ordered a bunch for their tanks. I took it, and of course it was dead in 4 hours. They told me they weren't responsible for it as usually. I personally will never go there again, this happened. 5 months ago and maybe they have changed but my mind is made.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Used to be called Thousand Island Aquarium. Coral tank is a disaster, fish system is mediocre, prices are on the high side. I pass by occasionally for some type of last minute dry good or frozen mysis but I have yet to find a reason to buy a coral or fish there. The guys in there are very nice though. I would like to see them step it to the level of some of the better stores that we visit. They are in a very convenient location for many of us.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well I started going there because the other 2 stores in my area, one on Flatbush Ave & another one on Ave U, there prices are just way high, & the Ave U store has nice fish but they are just too expensive & nasty customer service!!!
Island Aquarium for me they are OK not expensive, grate customer service & they have the dry goods that I need especially brightwell aquatics products that are just a $1 or $2 more than MarineDepot prices, and I get most of my frozen food Hikari from them, they might not be the best for corals, & I never got corals from them all my corals are from MR members, but as of now all my 13 fish (small & medium) are from them all healthy and doing great!!!
When I got my flame angel from them in less 24H he died, I did call & they gave me a discount on another one, they know that I?m not a rookie so they took care of me, I understand local stores that don?t give full credit on livestock, because a lot of people don?t know what they are doing, they get fish and don?t even cycle the tank.
Over all for me & for what I need they are good.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I recently had a horrible experience with this store (under its new ownership) i was promised a tank job and we shook on it and when i called to see how things were going i was told it will not be done because they just got a bigger job
Under previous ownership the tanks were allways sick almost every fish (25-30) i ever bought there died under new ownership i see they are cleaning up the place dont know if they are changing there systems tanks quarantine etc
The two young employees seemed very nice helpful
prices are at least $10-$15 over any Saltwater fish store price and corals are over priced as well corals are randomly priced as if the person that made up the prices has no clue about corals
they are putting alot of work into the place but if prices font change and they dont start keeping there word customer service etc this place will not make it the place seems more like a (bad) business than a hobbyist store just my 2 cents on this place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: