cardboy008

Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Anyone have an updated list of shops in Brooklyn?

Recently, I've been to the place on 8th ave and 55th, 18th ave and 71st, bay parkway and 63rd, and I'm planning to go check out Saltwater City today.

Are there any other places I should give a shot? I've read the other posts but they seem way outdated (2006/2007)

Thanks!

cardboy008

Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey,
Thanks for the heads up - I'm mainly looking for small frags, and to me it's not really worth the shipping price on smaller corals. That's why I was interested in doing some exploring and checking out some local places to see some frags live. I'll definitely check out the vendors and members' for bigger coral later on after my tank is established but in the meantime, I like the seeking out part of this hobby so far =)

brooklyn fish store list anyone?? Thanks!

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
If you are looking for frags... getting them from the vendors on the forum, and other members are the best way of seeing what you are purchasing first.
A lot of the vendors are local as well, so you'll be able to get to them within a reasonable amount of time.

Gene0514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
86th st and 18th ave (right at the left side of the library)
is the Ocean Forest Pet store
they have some tanks in there that have many small coral frags/colonies
Only ask the guy with the long hair about them because the short-haired cashier fellow is really obnoxious

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: