Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Iodine is an element found on the periodic table and has a grayish, metallic appearance in the solid state.

When atoms gain or lose electrons, they become ions. In the case of iodine, it will gain one electron to become an iodide ion (I- ion). Our bodies use the iodide ion that is placed in table salt for metabolic processes (i.e thyroid function). Our bodies could not (to my understanding) absorb solid elemental iodine to use for our normal functions, so instead it must be in the iodide ion form.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Iodine is an element found on the periodic table and has a grayish, metallic appearance in the solid state.

When atoms gain or lose electrons, they become ions. In the case of iodine, it will gain one electron to become an iodide ion (I- ion). Our bodies use the iodide ion that is placed in table salt for metabolic processes (i.e thyroid function). Our bodies could not (to my understanding) absorb solid elemental iodine to use for our normal functions, so instead it must be in the iodide ion form.
Hey Kenny !!!!!! You can't spell !!! But you can do a full breakdown scientific evaluation of the iodide element !!! Lmfao WTF?!?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iodine does not enter thyroid cells. It's iodide which is absorbed and enter thyroid cells through what are called 'Iodine Traps.' I have no idea why they've been given this term when they actually absorb iodide.

iodide is absorbed, waiting to be converted into iodine which is then used to make thyroid hormones. And when the time comes to these hormones thyroid cells produce hydrogen peroxide to pull off one atom from the iodide to make iodine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: