Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 08:30 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
Question for Boomer , please.

I try to find up , how i crash my tank one year and 6 months.
I end up to have dinoflagellates , i lost all my corals , i try to find up , if Silica have something to do with this algae. I use to run ( a lot , 2 times a week Diatom Vertex Filter ) , now we know Diatomaceous Earth ......."of a powdered media, made of almost pure silica manufactured from diatoms - the fossilized skeletons (frustules) of fresh water, unicellular algae." C/P
That one (contain ......SILICA)
Second , Fix it Stick ( PUTTY) , this also contain ,Magnesium silicate hydrate and more Crystalline silica , some chemicals 65997-17-3.
I use this Putty a lot, those may help to get Dino ?
I know i make a huge mistake , i remove most of my Pukani rocks and i keep only Tonga, for some reason , i lost the immunity of the tank, you think those 2 product may be also a problem ? Diatom and Putty .

Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails