stevegreek

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im starting up a new tank and decided to start bleaching about 200 lbs of dry tock that ive collected. I put the rock into a big brute container with some powerheads and filled with water. I then poured in the first gallon of what i thought was regular bleach but immediately after pouring it in, i read that it says ?now with cloromax technology? i panicked and started searching for possible side effects. I only saw one person say it can kill fish but it was a very vague post. I immediately took the rock out, rinsed the bucket, sprayed off the rock with hot water, individually rinsed each rock by submerging in into a 5 gallon bucket with hot water, then put them back into the big brute bucket to soak in more water. The rock was in contact with the cloromax bleach for about 20 min before i started the rinsing process. Is there any advice or experience anyone has with this cloromax stuff. Do you think i can do something to make sure this rock is reef safe or do you think i ruined 200 lbs of rock? Please help! Thanks!
776ef6d1465dc38f530b9dffd156edd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add 3 cap fulls of bleach to 4 gallons of H2p when cleaning my filter socks. Rinse x 5 then ROS water overnight, and air dry.

Rinse your rock well as above, and always dilute your bleach.

Cheers,
Britisheh

Clorox Ingredients

The active ingredient in Clorox household bleach is sodium hypochlorite, which performs the bleaching, stain removal and disinfecting functions. Other chemical ingredients in Clorox include sodium chloride (salt), which thickens and stabilizes the solution. Sodium carbonate (washing soda) is an alkaline cleaning agent that breaks down alcohol and grease stains. Sodium hydroxide (lye) is another alkaline cleaning agent that breaks down fatty, oily or acidic stains. Sodium polyacrylate is a dispersant that prevents loosened soils from depositing back on fabrics during the laundry cycle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: