• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SPC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent article once again Randy, thanks :) .
If a person is in the #2 category, would you suggest that they test a couple of times a day until they have reached their target? In other words, I add Bi-onic at 7 AM each day and drip kalk 24/7. Should I test before lights out and then first thing in the morning, or is testing just once at a certain time going to give me the correct data?
Steve

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve:

Once per day is probably fine. If your tank has a high demand for calcium and alkalinity, the you could see a fairly rapid drop, especially in alkalinity. For that reason, when you are trying to understand changes, I'd make the additions at one time of the day, and measurements at another time, at least an hour or two later. For example, additions in the morning, and measurement in the evening, or some such thing. For routine maintenence, this isn't necessary, but to understand if your corrections are helping, it is a good way. FWIW, the limewater is presumably spread out in time, so don't worry about it. It's the B-ionic additions that will spike things when you add it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: