aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suffering From High Nutrients or Algae and want to see the true colours of your corals?
Fauna Marin ULTRA BIO, ULTRA BAK and Min-S packs

ultra-bak_eng.jpg
ultra-bio_eng.jpg
ultra-mins_eng.jpg
All three components used in combination will permenantly remove all your bad nutrients in doing so help rid your tank of nuisance algea and boost your coral colour and polyp extension like you have never seen before when used as directed
UltraBio is a mix of several nitrifying and denitrifying bacterial populations that were carefully selected for their ability to convert ammonia to nitrite, nitrite to nitrate and nitrate to nitrogen gas.
Nitrifying bacteria
- Nitrosomonas europea
- Nitrobacter winogradskyi
Heterotriphic bacteria
- Paracoccus denitrificanns
- Pseudomonas stuzeril
UltraBio is used to achieve extreme nutrient-depleted aquaria and for the regeneration of older systems.
UltraBio in combination with Bak and Min-S will successfully maintain beautiful colors and a healthy environment.
UltraBak is a nutrient solution for bacteria commonly found in a marine aquarium. After addition of UltraBak bacteria will grow rapidly and will convert unwanted nutrients like nitrite, nitrate and phosphate into biomass. The bacteria will either be skimmed off or taken up by corals and filter feeders, thereby providing an additional source of natural food. Most corals can also directly utilize UltraBak as an energy source.
Growth rates of denitrifiying bacteria are enhanced, breaking down and removing unwanted nitrogen compounds. UltraBak reduces nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate; and if combined with Ultralith and UltraminS it provides a safe and easy method for maintaining extremely nutrient depleted water and amazing colours in a reef tank.
Dosing:
Daily 2 - 5 ml per 1000 L / 250 gal. depending on nutrient concentration and livestock density. Please ask for advice!
Always make changes to the aquarium slowly and carefully!
In older tanks with high nutrient concentrations please reduce the phosphate concentrations with Ultraphos before using UltraBak. Reduce the dose of UltraBak by 75 % and increase the dose every two weeks by 10 %. Monitor your water parameters very carefully. In case there are slimey films on the glass and/or the rocks, the dose is too high.
Ultra Min-S The most important Amino acids, vital compounds, and Vitamins in one Product.

Ultramin S is a nutrient solution and food additive, specially developed for filter feeders, corals and clams. Due to its special formula it is taken up extremely fast. Polyps will expand much further and the protective mucus membrane of the corals will be strengthened. Greatly aides the buildup of coral tissue, nutrients will be transported into the coral/clam much more efficiently. The corals will expand and take up more particulate food (UltraMin F), the natural coloration will be enhanced.
UltraMin S contains all all Amino acids, Vitamins, and over 70 trace elements.
Add 3-5 ml per 1000 L (250 gal) daily, depending on nutrient concentrations in the aquarium.
For husbandry of Sponges and non-photosynthetic corals UltraMin S is an essential product in combination with UltraMin F.
UltraMin S is available in 100 ml/ 250 ml/ 500 ml/ 1000 ml.
Contents:
Water
Glucose Monohydrate
Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Chloride
Ethylene Acetate
Sodium Acetate
L-Arginin Hydrochloride
L-Histidin Hydrochloride
Taurine
L-Threonine
DL-Tryptophane
Glycine
DL-Valine
Thiamin Chloride 100 mg
Nicotinamide 1500 mg
Riboflavine 40 mg
Dexpanthenole
Pridoxine Hydrochloride 100 mg
Cyanococobalamine
Sodium Methyl-4-Hydroxybenzoate
More than 70 trace elements

GET RID OF THOSE NUTRIENTS AND BOOSTS YOUR CORALS NOW!! Contact Cherry Corals today!!!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if i might ask, what makes this brand any better then any other's ? any better then vodka dosing and adding amino's ? any better then brightwells ? or the rest, interested in doing this, but price and amount of stuff needed to run it correctly. just curious

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya

Good and very valid questions.

First to answer this properly I will explain why fauna Marin products are SO way out different from others.

Fauna Marin based in germany is run by one of the leading aqua Culturists in Europe, Claude Schaumacher is a dedicated marine biologist that has dedicated over 15 years into researching and developing extremely powerful and effective "natural" additives for marine enviroments, each product is developed at their own coral farm facility and used on their own systems.

Fauna marin products "DO" what they say they do, these are not cheap throw in the tank and wander what to expect products, when used as directed you will see results within 24 hours.

Each of the product ranges are designed to either work with each other or as a single product to target a specific goal the user is trying to achieve.

If you have any doubts just email me at [email protected] and I will forward you a link to a review on these products and you can see for yourself the amazing results achieved.

If you try any product, get yourself a bottle of Ultra Min-S and then post back here what you see within 3 days of use!

In regards to Vodka dosing, Vodka is not exactly a natural component of the marine eco system and a believer in doing things naturally is paramount to our philosphy, not only that i have seen too many tank crashes from vodka dosing that are very expensive to recover from.

Please feel free to ask any question about the range of products, you can find these on Faunas own web site www.faunamarin.de

Last edited:

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is not everything in regards to additives.

I spent many years as a hobbyist throwing $$$$ worth of additives at my reef tank a month, purchasing cheaper brands thinking "they all must be the same thing right" Hmmm well no! As soon as I changed to the high brand products that list exactly what is in them I finally started seeing results and actually spent less in the long run.

Just check out the list of ingredients in the Min-S for starters, Fauna do not hide what you are buying into, that's one massive list of ingredients so you can see where your money is going, Not only that they do what they say they do!

Case in point, we had a client (through a dealer) who had been spending loads on trace elements in a year and had no idea what they were for and never saw any benefit, we switched him to Power trace 1,2,3,4 and the very next morning he woke up and saw colour in his corals he had never seen before. The trace elements cost him $1.50 each extra, but was now dosing less, money well worth spent.

Cheaper products are great but are they giving you the results you want?

Give me some time and I will post some pictures here, then see if you are getting the same results from your chosen product.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
this is an interesting thread. can we move this to a general discussion thread that way we can discuss the results. aqua_digital can you post some pics,curious to see your results.

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

The mods would have to approve that as it could be deemed promotion outside a sponsored area

I will have pictures up by tonight, in fact although it will be a lot of copying I will copy across a complete review of the product that started just reviewing ultra clam but turned into a much bigger review.

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below are a series of posts and photos from a guy reviewing

Ultra Clam
Ultra Min-S
Ultra bak
Ultra Bio

-
Ok I have been dosing and mixing the ultra Min S with the clam food in the morning and night time i find feeding in the early morning and late at night the clams have been really enjoying thier food. I have been seeing more colors in the clams and some of the sps are coloring up more everyday some of the acros are showing Huge PE too. I will focus on the Acros next week getting some better shots.

the pictures are from BEFORE and AFTER the TRIAL.
DSC05648.jpg

and here is the lips of Big Bertha and look at my purple tip milli to what PE i have now
and look at this Milli
DSC05743.jpg

DSC06048.jpg

and here is my turbina too
DSC05745.jpg

and here
turbina.jpg

i think there is results Im liking it too..

For the record, I'm not one for doing my corals with food , but this stuff is freaking amazing...... if you can get some stuff wow so far in the past 10 days the corals are coloring up IE SPS, and CLAMS, i will post some more here in a couple of days to get the best pictures out for you guys and gals to see the difference.

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More from this review now -

BEFORE ultra bak

DSC06075.jpg

present after 2 weeks of dosing BAK I think so far that that colors are darkening up which is nice lots of the acro's are showng deeper colors like the purple stag... I have just started Carbon in my phosban reactor I hope that is ok so far..

DSC06093.jpg

JAN 22
Started to dose 2 ml per day for now of ULTRA BAK , noticing some of the SPS reacting to the food GOOD.

JAn 23
Ultra Bak 2 ML
small amount of clam food
Added some Carbon to the tank with the phosban reactor. tank is looking alot clearer now.

Jan 24
Ultra Bak 2 ml the sps are starting to color up less signs of struggle with the SPS.

Jan 25
10 gal WAter change tested Nitrates 15-20 PPM
1 ML CLam food
2 ML Ultra Bak

Jan 26
2 Ml Ultra Bak
Tested PO 4 .01
fed light

Jan 27
2 Ml again of Ultra Bak
1 Ml Ultra Min S
The tank is looking alot clearer and bright today in the corals

I have nothing but excellent response in my tank from this trial.. My SPS have ben doing awesoem and have shown great color.

I have indeed slowed down on my feedings since i was feeding alittle to much, may be that was the cuase of the PO 4 going up. I think that its is caused from the phosban taken off line. I was using that alot to suck out any PO 4 in the water and tank .

I cant wait to get the BIO , Claude and Mike have been great talking with me and explaining all. once i get the PO4 sorted out. and the SPS start growing more the tank will have to start to be pruned.

I can see me in the future using more of the BAK, BIO, MIn S to keep the tank going.

More to follow

Last edited:

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have watched my journeal that i have been battling NO-2 and PHOSHATES now using the Fauna Marin they have pretty much gone away. and the phoshates are slowly going away , once i get the BIO from Mike then they will be HISTORY, A DEAD SEA SCROLL , A PAGE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS....

I did have a problem of getting my SPS to have some color and polyp extension now after using the fauna marin, the polyps are pretty much ripping out of the SPS and the clams are coloring up nicely too, the colors in the tank are looking alot better...

DSC06134.jpg

DSC06139.jpg

have to show you this green Acro the PE is crazy about 20 mins of feeding the tank...
DSC06141.jpg

DSC06157.jpg

DSC06159.jpg

check out hte color and the PE on this one
DSC06166.jpg

DSC06170.jpg

All these corals that you are seeing here did not have the color or the polyp extension until i got this stuff from Mike...

amazing stuff....
DSC06171.jpg

DSC06172.jpg

DSC06173.jpg

DSC06174.jpg

DSC06175.jpg

DSC06182.jpg

DSC06183.jpg

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the dosing for the first two weeks when using these products

Dosing
1 drop of UltraBio per day per 100 L, directly into the aquarium.
Keep this dose until Nitrate and Phosphate levels have dropped significantly. After you have reached the desired water parameters, decrease the dose by 50%.

Use 3 ml each of Ultramin S and 3 ml Ultrabak per 1000L per day, after the nutrient levels start to drop decrease the dose slowly to 2 ml per 1000L per day. If nutrient levels are extremely low you can decrease the dose even further to 1.0 ml per 1000 L per day. Ultramin S should be used permanently and dosed every day

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thats why you must treat it carefully, this is NOT chemicals but nature at its most best, full of powerful bacterias designed act against the high nutrients.

This theme follows right through the Fauna line of products, they do exactly what they market themselves to do :) You really get your moneys worth with Fauna

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
not to be funny but either your photo skilz and camera suck or the colors arent that great on those, i dose 5 ml of vodka a day broke into 2 doses, once a week esv phyto feed, 3 times a week the fauna amino and feed a decent amount, have a 60g cube with 10 fish :eek:, i have pretty good growth and great colors like i said not taking away from the product but if this is an example of what it does, i'll stick to my $7 bottle of vodka that last 3 months

aqua_digital

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehehe sorry these are photos from a user who admits his camera skills suck! I will post some shots from Fauna tanks here taken with a bit of better cut should we say

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: