oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Aren't you worried that they'll stress out the Gonis?

The main gonipora has been in the tank for over a year. I never really worry about it, although once I thought I had to take it out when the adults decided that they wanted to move the colony and dug up all the sand around the base.

I have a pair of adults and they do the same to the gonis as well, but much more active. They look really cute because it looks like they are playing. They behave very differently when in the BTAs.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
These guys are still in love with the Gonipora.

Attachments

• 20160131_233536.jpg
    20160131_233536.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 20160131_233543.jpg
    20160131_233543.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 558

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
If you like you're Gonipora better than you like your clown fish do yourself a favor and get those clown fish out of there.
I had a beautiful Red ORA Gonipora the size of a softball that my clowns where hosting for 2 years and they got so aversive with it the put a hole in the top of it and it started getting that brown jelly disease.
I had to desperately chop it up to try and save it ultimately in the end I was able to save a small portion that is recovering nicely now but man it was hart braking chopping that thing up.

No more clowns for me in my DT with my Gonis.
I do have clowns that host a nem in a separate tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a pair of clowns living in 2 goniopora for around a year now. They lay eggs on the rock either goni is mounted on. I just found some shots I took of it all in the summer, and the goniopora have doubled or tripled in size since August so I guess something good is happening. I have 5 colonies in all, though 2 are newer and quite small. The big one that they live in the most is about softball size, and the other around a baseball.

I also have a TON of flow hitting them all, I figure that is helping bring food and remove waste.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If you like you're Gonipora better than you like your clown fish do yourself a favor and get those clown fish out of there.
I had a beautiful Red ORA Gonipora the size of a softball that my clowns where hosting for 2 years and they got so aversive with it the put a hole in the top of it and it started getting that brown jelly disease.
I had to desperately chop it up to try and save it ultimately in the end I was able to save a small portion that is recovering nicely now but man it was hart braking chopping that thing up.

No more clowns for me in my DT with my Gonis.
I do have clowns that host a nem in a separate tank.

Thanks for this information. I will keep a watch out. I've had the Goni for about 2 years, and the clowns have been in it for about a year now.

I really do love my clowns more than the goni. If I have to choose between the two, then its surely the clowns.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: