Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've had a pair of mated clownfish for around 1.5 years now and it looks like the female may be pregnant. She has a larger than normal stomach and I have been seeing them wiggling on the rock looking like they are cleaning a spot off. For the past 5 days she has not left the anemone they host even when I am feeding them. Normally she comes right over to the turkey baster I use to feed them reef frenzy and eats a lot. Even when I put the baster near her she doesn't leave the anemone and I haven't seen her eat anything. I am getting really worried and was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal behavior. Thank you for your help.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She may have laid her eggs near the nem and is in protection mode. My gold stripes used to lay eggs just under the rock where they hosted their nem.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm hoping. Do you know how long this would go on for/how many days of not seeing her eating I should expect? I am afraid to disturb her and move the rock or anything like that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are describing tyoical spawning behavior and the larger will be the female. Once clutch is laid, keep track of the next laying period, as an example if it is 3 weeks later, expect as with mine, will be every 3 weeks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish still hadn’t left the spot and now it’s been several weeks. I tapped her and she moved out of her spot and has a lot of difficulty swimming. She is slowly wobbling around the ground and often falling to her side, but slowly moving around and running into things. I also noticed she had a little white discoloration around her mouth and was breathing quite fast. After around 20 minutes she made it back to the ground near her anemone and seems to be trying to stay there. I believe it may be swim bladder disease. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can help her?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: