hans1976

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
?Wrasse Keeping in a Reef Tank.?

Hunter Hammond is a marine hobbyist who currently keeps a 190g reef in his living room featuring numerous rare wrasses. He strives to be a leading expert in the captive care of all reef-safe wrasses. He has been in the marine hobby since 2009 and lives in Phoenix, Arizona with his devoted partner. He is also the author of ?Rare Wrasses of the World? Hunter?s professional career is in the aerospace engineering propulsion engine industry as a structures engineer.

CTARSHunterHammond1_zps57b67a5f.jpg

This meeting will be free for all CTARS members, any non-members will be asked for $10.00 to join the presentation.

Regular CTARS membership is only $20.00 for the entire year.

The presentation will be about 1-1.5 hours on May 17th.

There will be a bunch of wrasse in our raffle this month!

You can prepay TODAY if you're not a CTARS member by Paypal by going to www.ctars.org

hammond.jpg

hammond.jpg

sulcata102

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
he definably know a lot about wrasses. I have been following the wrasse threads on reef2reef for awhile, which he posts a lot on. Check them out if you doubt it.
i'm really excited to go and I live 2.5+ hours away.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
He knows the different wrasses, but he has made a few mistakes and doesn't know the requirements for all wrasses. That would be difficult for anyone, even with 20 years of experience. He is into high end wrasses for the most part.

sulcata102

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Who knows everything or hasn't made mistakes? just because he doesn't know everything doesn't mean he can't give an interesting talk. I'm sure he has experiences that he can share. Everyone has something we could learn from them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those coming to the meeting this is the tenative list of wrasse I am picking up tomorrow for the raffle...

Whip Fin
McCoskers
2 x Equisite (Maldives and African)
Carpenters
Blue Star Leopard
Male Lineatus
Male/Female Balteatus
Small Golden Rhomboid

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i speak all the time to other reefers about them and have been keeping them for a decade, and have kept 20 plus different species, but no means do i consider myself a expert even with all the different wrasse's ive kept and all the years. and kept with alot of different species of fish and corals. i am pretty good about knowing what one's do better with other wrasse's and other fish, but have been fooled also. 1 fish or certain type of fish can change the whole personality of a fish or the other fish. ive gotten several other members into collecting them, but would by no means consider myself or anyone else a expert in keeping them. i think experianced keeper is a better term. i am not trying to take away what he has learned from keeping them but tanaka would be what i would consider a expert more so on them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: