Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It's back!!!
The E.O. Smith High School Coral project is proud to announce that it will be hosting the 9th annual New England Frag Farmer's Market at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs CT. It has grown into the biggest swap in the Northeast, bringing in 50+ coral "farmers" from all over the US. I have pretty much all the sellers from last year already signed up (including all the usual big guys) and a bunch of new ones as well. You get the best selection of corals and GREAT prices on frags for sure. All that and a great raffle as well.
I am also adding fragging demos during the day, given by an All-Star line up of fraggers, which should add to the event!
Admission is still only $5 for the day, with no advance tickets sold. The proceeds from the event go to support the coral propagation project I run at the school. I also started a scholarship last year and was able to give $500 to two graduating seniors who were going to pursue marine/conservation related fields- with hopes of being able to give more this year!
I do still have a few spots left if anyone is interested in setting up to sell for the day. It is a super low buy-in and low stress event- aimed at giving the hobbyists a chance to set-up and sell at a show next to the "big guys." Just get in touch soon as the spots will be full very soon!
I will post more details as things come together.
Thanks!
Jon

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is the "preliminary list" of sellers for the FFM so far. I apologize for any of the names/locations that are not completely correct - feel free to shoot me a PM to fix if needed. This list does not include any of the "I want to sell but have not paid in people" If you think you should be on here and are not - please let me know! I do still have room for a few more, if anyone wants in but hustle - I have more people who have said they want to sell than I have spaces left...
Thanks-
Jon
AC Corals - CT
Alex's Advanced Aquatics - CT
Aquadreams - MA
Aquatic X-celelnce - NY
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections - OH
BareBottom Corals - NJ
FUPA (hobbyist) -CT
Blastomaster (hobbyist) - CT
Blue Glow Aquatics - CO
Byron and Bryan?s Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Coralcruze (hobbyist) - NY
eb2292 (hobbyist) - NY
Elmafioso52988 (hobbyist) - MA
E.O. Smith Coral Project - CT
Exotic Fish and Corals - CT
Fins Aquarium - NJ
Fish Frenzy - MA
Frag Freaks - MA
Frank180Reef (hobbyist) - MA
Gotham Aquatics - NY
Greg Hiller (hobbyist) -MA
Icycorals (hobbyist) - CT
Jason Foxx - MD
Jgraz (hobbyist) - NJ
Kwong1998 (hobbyist) - NY
Marine Reef Habitat - MA
Matt Spaulding (hobbyist) - VT
Micheal Reeve (hobbyist) - CT
Pablo (hobbyist) - NY
Pacific East Aquaculture - MD
Pieces of the Ocean - NY
Pimentinha (hobbyist) - NY
Polywise (hobbyist) - NJ
Popcorals - NY
R+R Aquatics - NJ
ReefPeeper (hobbyist) - CT
Sassawrasse (hobbyist) - CT
Seagardensforyou - CT
Skimmy (hobbyist) - CT
Shayna 123 (hobbyist) - MA
Shawn B (hobbyist) - CT
Sniper2b (hobbyist) - CT
SteelerMike (hobbyist) - CT
Supreme Reefs - VA
The Coral Reef - CT
Triggreef (hobbyist) - CT
Ultimate Corals - NJ
Wet Pets - CT
xclusive corals - NY
zooanthids.com - UT

Last edited:

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pop corals is in ny

:) happy reefing
wish i can go but its a little far :(

Thanks, fixed it!

You have to look at it this way, you would drive to one fish store an hour away. What if you could drive three hours and see 55 fish stores all at once? Not to mention some of the ones you just don't get to see, Jason Fox, Blue Glow, Zoanthids.com, Aznutty, etc... It is a haul, but the coral selection is scary good... and then you move to the next guy's tank!

Pop Corals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
I wish it was not so far away:

It's a 3 hours one way for me!
and I'm in lower manhattan.

Maybe one day I'll go!

:-(

Honestly well worth the trip its a lot of fun. Put a post up looking to car pool a lot of people go this route. Not to mention this is for a good cause as it supports the Marine Biology program at the school and all the students are so great for helping put this on and have it run smoothly. The raffle prizes are fantastic also!

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
But if I'm driving 1 hour to a fish store I'm picking up fish. Corals. Or dry goods. I'm not driving 3 hours, passing 55 stores just for corals.
Anyway. Good luck to all the vendors and hope everyone who goes gets and find what they are looking for. At reasonable prices

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
But if I'm driving 1 hour to a fish store I'm picking up fish. Corals. Or dry goods. I'm not driving 3 hours, passing 55 stores just for corals.
Anyway. Good luck to all the vendors and hope everyone who goes gets and find what they are looking for. At reasonable prices

well you are missing out on vendors and other hobbyists being under one roof which makes it much easier

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

I totally agree the farthest I'll go is hour away as will!

I hope it's a great event.

I wish it was closer but that's me only.

My 2cent

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
All I can say is this is one of the best swaps around and each year is getting better. Jon busts his butt making this happen and his students work just as hard. What makes this one so special is that not only are all the big name stores and vendors there but lots of regular hobbyists selling from their personal collections. The raffle prizes are really good and its where UConn is so plenty of eye candy if you get bored staring at corals or reefers...

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
oh gosh frag farmer swap!! i'm going to the cayman islands on the 17th of march. I may just have to make it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: