Red Sea
Reef Breeders
Sea and Reef
Sea Chem

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ben from Supreme Reefs just sent me a few shots of his stuff that he was planning to bring along to the FFM. He is a new addition to the FFM and I am pretty psyched to see some of this in person!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
John from Pop Corals asked me to post this list for him if people were interested in pre-ordering ORA stuff. You can get in touch with him via their site and arrange the order for him to bring along at the FFM this coming weekend.

CLOWNFISH
Medium Ocellaris (1.5?) - $15
Misbar Ocellaris - $12
Small Ocellaris (1.25?) - $12
Small Misbar Ocellaris - $12
Mini Ocellaris (1.0?) - $10
Premium Snowflake - $55
Snowflake Clown - $40
Premium Black Snowflake - $75
Black Snowflake - $60
Single Dot Domino Clown - $60
Caramel Clown - $20
Misbar Caramel Clown - $18
Platinum Percula - $45
Premium Picasso - $85
Picasso - $45
True Percula - $18
True Percula Misbar - $14
Blood Orange Clownfish - $35
Misbar Blood Orange - $25
Gold Nugget Maroon - $110
Gold Stripe Maroon - $20
Gold Stripe Maroon with Dot - $30
Cinnamon Clown - $15
Barberi Clown - $15
Spotcinctus Clown ? small - $35
Clarkii Clown - $15
Misbar Clarkii Clown - $15
Assessors
Yellow Assessor - $35
Dottybacks
Electric Indigo - $35
Indigo - $30
Neon - $30
Orchid - $30
Striped - $20
Dragonets
Scooter Dragonet - $20
Filefish
Whitespotted Pygmy Filefish - $30
Gobies
Bluefin Watchman Goby - $15
Watchman Goby - $10
Transparent Goby - $20
Jaguar Goby - $15
Blue Neon Goby - $15
Hybrid Cleaner Goby - $15
Sharknose Goby - $10
Yellow Line Goby - $15
Seahorses
Lined Seahorse
Kuda (sexed)
Kuda (unsexed)
Algae
Brown Gracilaria (? lb) - $20
Red Gracilaria (? lb) - $25
Red Pom Pom Gracilaria (? lb) - $20
Blue Hypnea (20gm) - $20
Chaeto (? lb) - $15
Sea Lettuce (? lb) - $15
CLAMS
Gold Maxima (1.5?) - $30
Ultra Gold Maxima (1.5?) - $40
First Grade Maxima (1.5?) - $40
Ultra Black & Color Maxima (1.5?) - $50
Squamosa (1.5?) - $30
SPS
Blue Voodoo Stag - $40
Borealis - $45
Frogskin - $40
Green Planet - $40
Miami Orchid Stag - $35
Mini Red Planet - $40
Stuber Staghorn - $30
Hawkins - $50
Purple Nana - $40
Plum Crazy - $35
Tri-color Valida - $35
Green Velvet
Verde - $30
Blue Polyp Capricornis - $40
Pink Polyp Capricornis - $40
Purple Capricornis - $40
Supernatural Capricornis - $40
German Blue Digitata - $30
Dark Green Digitata - $30
Neon Green Digitata - $35
Peach Digitata - $35
Confusa - $40
Purple Undata - $45
Setosa - $40
Pink & Green Damicornis - $30
Green Damicornis - $30
Green Birdsnest - $35
Hyacinth Birdsnest - $35
Green-Tip Orange Birdsnest - $30
Pink Birdsnest - $30
Green Stylophora - $35
OTHER CORALS
Blue Chalice - $30
Duncal Coral - $50
Metallic Green Galaxea - $35
Mint Pavona - $35
Sprung?s Stunner - $35
Red Goniopora - $60

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chris from aquadreams is going to giving away a Red Sea Reefer tank at this year's FFM. Just stop by the aquadreams booth and pick up a ticket- it's FREE!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've gotten a ton of emails and PM"s with questions about the FFM, so I decided to put together the FFM FAQ list. Here it goes:
Frag Farmer's Market FAQ
Why go to the FFM?
It is the single biggest aggregation of coral sellers you will ever see. The FFM does have some dry goods vendors as well but that is not included in the 60+ sellers, those are ALL coral sellers. If you are looking for frags, or just want to hang out and talk reefs with some of the best growers in the area, you want the FFM. There are not speakers, or anything like that, it is coral, coral and more coral. You will find everything from the basic ?weed? species to the coral that you have never heard of, or only seen on the internet.
How do I get tickets?
There are no advanced ticket sales for the FFM. Admission is $5 at the door and no one will be turned away. Spouses and children under 12 are free at the FFM, so bring the crew along. Doors open to the public at 11am and close at 5pm.
What should I bring?
Most people will bring along a cooler of some sort to hold their corals in for the day. Other than that, you don?t need much. I always recommend bringing about 2-3X the money that you think you will spend. I have never heard of anyone who said ?I brought too much money.? The FFM only happens once a year and it brings together the best coral vendors and hobbyists from all over the country. You will find what you are looking for and then three other things you can?t leave without!
Can I sell coral at the FFM?
There are 60+ vendors at the FFM, all of whom signed up far in advance, and made a donation to the school project to reserve a space. In fairness to them, there will not be spaces provided for attendees to sell. If you are interested in selling next year, please get in touch with me at [email protected] and I will add you to the contact list.
Where does all the money go?
The FFM is the main fundraiser for the E.O. Smith Coral project, which has been up and running for 10+ years now. I house 800+ gallons of coral growing systems at the school and involve students in the project in a number of ways. The admissions, and raffle proceeds, all go to help run the project. It gives me the ability to buy corals that students want to work with, and equipment that they need to carry out their experiments. With the success of the FFM over the past few years, I have also started giving out scholarships to graduating students who have shown interest in marine/conservation related fields. Last year I gave $500 to two graduating seniors and am hoping to do more this year!
How does the raffle work?
The main raffle will be pulled at 4pm, just before the market closes. Raffle tickets are available from a few people walking around during the day with the blue FFM shirts on, or from me in room 107. The tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5 or 25 for $20.
I have also started an ?Easy Raffle List? for people to sign up for on the computer in my room, or on the laptops by the entrance. You put in your information and get a number. Rather than write all of your info on all of your tickets (which is a PAIN!), you just put your number. If you are not there when you win, no worries, I can get it touch with you!
Do I have to be present to win?
For most items, no. I will ship any item that it is feasible to ship. Items that cannot be shipped, will be labeled with a ?No Ship? tag. If I can?t ship it and you live ?close? we can work something out to get the item to you. If you are not sure, stop and see me and we can figure something out. The week after the FFM, I spend a fair amount of time packing and mailing things to people. As an attendee to other shows, I there have been a ton of raffles that I didn?t enter because I wasn?t going to be there to win. If you find something you really want, buy some tickets, throw em in and I will do my best to get it to you.
If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM, or an email and I will do what I can to help you out!
Thanks-
Jon

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
People have been struggling with making reservations at the Best Western in Mansfield. I just called and spoke to them. If you ask for Paul he will hook you up with the FFM rate if you want to stay the night Friday.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know if anyone in your area was on the fence about the FFM this year but I was up there last night for set-ups and I have to say it is easily the best year for coral selection. Every year I see stuff that I have never seen before, but this year was AMAZING! There are so many sellers with so many corals it was scary and the prices that I had talked to people about were GREAT. If you were even considering coming out to pick up a few frags, you should definitely make the trip this year. To add to it, the raffle is the best it has ever been with an Apex jr., Ecotech Radion, multiple frag tanks, lighting fixtures, Sea and Reef Fish, a ton of corals, and a HUGE host of other things - there are no containers of fish food here for sure!
Hope to see you all out today- stop by and say "Hi" while you are there!
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: