cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
jawwad2004 said:
Well I am heading out to fish town later tonight, and will pick some up. Should I dose that stuff accordingly per the mfg. direction or place in larger amounts in the sump?

You can't "dose" the stuff. You need to buy a media reactor to use it properly. Using it in a bag is a waste of money, it will clump together in a few days and becomes ineffective, don't know why people would recommend using it this way.

Po4 is not the only thing that can cause your corals to turn brown or stay brown, many other things causes that too. How long has your tank been up and running?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you feed your fish once every three days?

I would hate you if I were one of your fish.

I feed my fish three times a day. sometimes more if I feel like it.

I agree with Rich, get some test kits, how do you know what's going on with your CA and Alk?

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
I think it's cause he lives like 5 mins from fishtown :).

BTW Did you ever get my PM Sean? I passed by the shop.

Yes I did
Are you the one that ordered it? I didn't reply because I didn't know if I had any left.

BTW I'm like a 30 min. from fishtown that not so bad is it?

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Cali I use it in the bag that comes with it. works fine to me. Yes it does work better with phosban reactor but you dont have to use it that way. The directions on the box even says so.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
jawwd, I agree. Keeping sps and having them color and grow fast is another story.

I agree, you should test all your parameters and see if there is any problem with any of the parameters.

How many fish you have and what fish? You using a apf600 and you only feed every 3 days is badd.... the sps is most likely starving and the fish too..

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well I fed them twice today and I am moving it up to about 3 times daily.

Sean, I am going to be in Brooklyn this weekend at Sheapshead Bay, how far is that from you. I can stop by check out the shop and pick up some dry goods.

John,
You're right I dont know what my cal and alk are at. I am dosing bionic according to the mfg instructions on a daily basis and I dont know if that maintains the cal and alk where its supposed to be. You would say to def. go with the salifert test kits?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
J,

I would say you have too many uncertainties to post a thread :banghead: - you need to know all these things to successfully keep SPS (IMO). The three test kits for beginners are - Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate and the 3 for Advanced (assuming you have a PH monitor) are Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium - experts go further (boron, Strontium etc).

I would say you have an imbalance somewhere - once you get that in check (and about a month's time) you should see some color happening. keep it religious .

House

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
hey J
I'm located in williamsburg. It's not near Sheapshead bay at all. It's much closer to queens and the city.
I do sell Salifert test kits as well.
Good advice from House

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
jawwad2004 said:
Well I dont know if I have aefw, but on one side of my green slimer, there is like this black spot inside a crevice type thing in the coral itself. I will take a picture when I get home.

Jawwad, read the thread. From what I gathered, AEFWs won't be black.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: