tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I don't have a pic. Well i do but its crappy b/c my camera won't turn on flash.

Here is the crappy pic that didn;t come out good enough.

fungusvk9.jpg

Anyways, i had this yellow fungus attack my xenia's. It wasn't a sponge overtaking them. Seen they looked crappy so took a closer look and there were these yellow things imbeded on the xenia stalk. I took it out to take pictures b/c it was on the side of my tank where i couldn't take a pic of, then put the whole rock they were on in FW. Its the only softie like that i have in my tank. Nothing else in my tank was affected (besides alot of pissed off coral from a bulb change) Also i picked at the one seen in the picture with the tip of a razor blade thinking it would wriggle but it popped off showing a crater.

when i did the FW dip all of it just fell off in the water, maybe some sort of parasite (maybe it fell off from the Xenia shrinking), but one stalk that it ate comepletely and the yellow stuff was on looked like curdled milk but yellow, wet-flaky and stuff. where the curdled stuff was it was eating away underneath at the stalk of the Xenia.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I am not a Xenia Murderer. They would have died as it grew so fast. Nothing was visible in the morning, woulda been completely covered by tommorrow and dead.

All my parameters are where they should be when i tested today. Only thing that changed was my temp went from a stable (as in daily stableness temp swing, its not really that stable) 75-78 during the day to 81 when i came home from my air conditioner not working and a salinity drop from 1.026 to 1.024 (i think thats the right decimal places :turtle:) From too much evaporation during the day. Alot of my coral were a little bothered but not much but that was from a change in my MH bulb yesterday, which was quite normal as it was just were the light hit at max.

Only other thing i could think of was me adding too much of the Fauna Marin clam food i mixed up by mistake. Xtra food in the water channel + too much ultra-MinS caused some sort of reaction.

I dunno.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: