emps

Tired Member
Rating - 97.8%
45   1   0
I use a brew of DT oyster eggs, DT Phytoplankton and Cyclopeze for my SPS, clams, and lps.

DT Phytoplankton you can find in most LFS, but Oyster eggs I have trouble finding. Absolutlely Rich has the eggs but at 29.99 for the 30ml. Would love to know if someone else has them cheaper :)

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
skimmed and clean water, good lighting and good husbandry are the best foods you can add to your tank for SPS.

You won;t need food for your SPS, especially since nothing has been proven to be a food that benefits them 100%. Adding stuff like oyster eggs and such just increases your Po4 which your gonna have to remove, and as they might like it as a treat there is no real need for it.

I dunno, thats my take on it.

Other than that, i've seen alot of success witht he fauna marin MinS beeing used in tanks and the SPS have reacted very well to.

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I do not have many sps. But I read that lighting and water quality is most important. I used to have a lot of sps, but due to my laziness, most did not make it. I do remember that after adding fish into the tank, I did realize more growth. They are supposed to be able to use fish waste as food.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: