thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You can also use epoxy that will not cure as fast even in water. I do have to say that i almost fell outta my chair when I read that you use your mouth to start the siphon. And when it was said that you can glue water. LOL Sorry man, just a good morning laugh!!!

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Gel glue is best, IMO. But, if you do lotsa glueing, you can try using the regular cyanoacrylite(spelling?) glue, just freeze it before using. This will thicken the consistency of the glue.

melev

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, dry off the base of the frag, apply Super Glue GEL to the coral, then put it in your tank, underwater, against the rock and hold it there for about 60 seconds. That's it.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I have a question: what do people use to keep frags in place on a semi-permanent basis? I glue my frags to discs and then just place them in my tank - the problem is that when the snails and hermits and stars walk around they mess everything up. I don't want a permanent solution (gluing frags directly to the rock or using that white epoxy putty) but I don't like re-aquascaping every few days. Any suggestions?

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I was hoping for something that looks just a tad more natural than eggcrate. I know I could get a frag rack - I was hoping that their was a reef-equivalent to Post-Its. then I could put a frag in place so it doesn't get knocked around all the time but later on I could take it off and put it somewhere else.

melev

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROFL

If you glue or putty a frag disk in place, you can always snap it off later without too much trouble. The benefit of doing so is so the frag feels stable enough to grow, and your clean up crew can't knock them over or flip 'em.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ok here is an idea I got from looking online at frag racks. You could take the measurement of a reef plug base and drill holes in a piece of live rock and place the base of the plug in there with a little tiny drop of frag glue as wekk. That way the rock becomes your frag rack.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ok here is an idea I got from looking online at frag racks. You could take the measurement of a reef plug base and drill holes in a piece of live rock and place the base of the plug in there with a little tiny drop of frag glue as wekk. That way the rock becomes your frag rack.

Thats how I did it until recently. drilled 1/2 inch holes into the rock and drop the plugs in.

vashawn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I use the glue instead of the epoxy. I wear latex glove while the frag is in my hand(hate the way corals smell) and apply the glue out of water then place it wear i want and hold it for about a minute. That does the trick.
Now abou that sucking water out of the tank thats old school. I use a aquaclear 70 powerhead attach to a siphon or tude (can get from home depot ) and plug it in thats it.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: