o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i am trying to make xenia frags, i have been putting the cutting in a tupperware filled with liverock rubble and a bunch of holes but in it.
usualy only half of the cuttings will stick and the rest disapear, aka die.

100_1983.jpg

i have also tried putting a toothpick through the bsae of the xenia and attaching it to rock via rubberband. this works even less becasue it usualy detaches from the toothpick.

any other methods i could use?

pEEshEE

STEELERS
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I just dab a little bit of glue(gel) on a dry plug/rock, and place the frag on top... let is sit in an area without flow for a little bit, and you should be good to go. HTH

o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
superglue gel would be perfect, but dosent the xenia goo out some sort of mucus or slime or whatever that would prevent them from sticking to the glue,the mucus would stick and the xenia fly away. and wouldnt the glue harm their soft bodies when it dries?

and with the rubberband, do i stand the xenia up and put the rubberband over it, like pushing down on the heads/hands whatever or lie it down of the disc and rubberband around its body.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
superglue gel would be perfect, but dosent the xenia goo out some sort of mucus or slime or whatever that would prevent them from sticking to the glue,the mucus would stick and the xenia fly away. and wouldnt the glue harm their soft bodies when it dries?

and with the rubberband, do i stand the xenia up and put the rubberband over it, like pushing down on the heads/hands whatever or lie it down of the disc and rubberband around its body.

Try to keep it close to the rock. In a 2-3 days it will attach to the LR and you can remove the rubberband.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I just dab a little bit of glue(gel) on a dry plug/rock, and place the frag on top... let is sit in an area without flow for a little bit, and you should be good to go. HTH

Did you ever tried to glue a Xenia? Or you just glue the piece of rubble to a larger piece of LR?

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0

Glue ruberband didn't work that well for me.
"net" over the xenia and the rock or disc then tigh it with a ruberband that worked pretty well for me, but too much pain. so i prefer dump it in the sump.

Last edited:

pEEshEE

STEELERS
Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Try this... leave the frag in the water, upside down... with the bottom of the stalk slightly above the water line. Then dab some glue-gel on the plug, turn the plug upside down, and connect the pieces, so to speak. Works everytime for me. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: