MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I got some Kent Marine C and want to start dosing for coral growth/etc. I was wondering what others are dosing?

I have a total water column of about 100g.

I just need to know how much to dose twice a day. The label says 1 ml per 50g once a day, but ive read 50 different things on multiple forums.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i bought the buffered c used in the rc vitamin c thread.. it works for me.

1/4 tsp a day in my 40gal. i initially used it to stop zoas from melting (which it did!) and i saw other positive effects. my zoa growth is great and the colors really pop.

dan

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
you do it for 30 days every 2 months or constantly?

i've been dosing every day when i remember.. except when i go away for the weekends. i swear my zoos get bigger and pop more. growth has been great too.

have you read a reason to do the 30 days/2 months? i haven't been keeping up with the vc thread on RC.

drcooper- just search for the VC thread on RC.. there are links to related articles and other useful knowledge.. dosing VC is still relatively new as far as i know.

dan

Last edited:

danny13oy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hmm .. since vitamin-c is an antioxidant .. i thought it was for the fish to boost their immune system = stay healthy from stress and potential diseases .. .. .. good to know that it may benefit corals too.

BTW, i use Kent's Zoe for my fish and Kent's Coral-Vite for my corals

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
ive been slowly upping my dose over the past 3 days. 500mg 750 mg 1000mg

I have not noticed a difference yet, but i read it could take weeks. Im going to up it to 3000mg slow over the next week. VC only has a life of 8 hours in a tank, so dosing every 12 hours is best.

im using Kent Marine C but im ordering the buffered powdered kind today

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Update

after 3 days of dosing im already seeing a huge difference. my purple deaths and nuclear pally have opened. My RBTA has started to really extend. My hammers/frog spawn have fully opened and really started to split.

BUT my toadstool and xenia have taken a hit. You can tell from the pics.

The dos has been:

day 1: 250mg
day 2: 500mg
day 3: 750mg

Im going to up it to 3000mg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,238
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2,214
  • Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,213
  • Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,231
  • Untitled-11.jpg
    Untitled-11.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,192
  • Untitled-14.jpg
    Untitled-14.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,206

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I keep everything at

ALK 8-9
CAL 420-450
MAG I dont test for it
PH 8.1 - 8.3
I do 10-20% water changes every 1.5 weeks
I also dose Garlic directly to the tank before feeding.

There is actually a real difference. ive watched my growth patterns over the past 4 months and this truely is doing something. Ill take the same pictures in a week or two and post them up here for compare. But I am amazingly pleased with the results of 4 days.

The RTBA is loving it also. And i couldn't care less about the effects on the xenia or little leather. The effects on SPS are not current visible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: