da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I know this will be a hard question to answer being that there are so many different variables that come into play(water quality, lighting, species). But how much do sps grow a year in your tank? Please try to specify which sps you have and the growth you see with them.
My tank is coming up on its one year marker, my red monti cap has almost doubled in size since April from a 4*6 to a 8*10. In the last 3 month i have purchased about 15 1-2 inch frags(birds nest, blue milli, greg hiller, green digitia, purple digita, tyree undata, scripps, purple plasma, pocillipora, same others that i forget) also have some colonies (green slimmer, Green/ pink/ brown birds nest, blue milli and a couple of unknown).
A before and after pic would be cool also.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
almost everything you have named is a fairly fast grower. Only coral on that list that doesnt grow all the time is the undata that seems to grow in spurts.
IMO of coarse

Freespool

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
this is a great question. you always here fast growing slow growing but what does it all mean? my tank is comming up on one year as well but i dont have a lot of sps. im sure no one will give a straight answer. but some examples from members tanks would be cool

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
9/10/06
9-10-06m.jpg

4/4/08
4-4-08m.jpg

9/10/06
9-10-06.jpg

4/4/08
4-4-08.jpg

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ming thank you for your pics. They gave the the answer i was looking for. Just an idea of the growth. Thanks cause yes hearing fast growing and slow grow doesnt really ever help

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
nice sps growth pics, ming
"red cap" is really orange. monti caps grow fast n r space hoggers.
i doubt your branching sps will grow as fast. how about showing us some of your sps frag pics. then 3 months, post em again.
sps dominate tanks usually try to limit caps due to that reason, unless its a hugh tank.
heres a pic of my cap from a 1.5 inch(sometime in late 2006)frag that broken in half. forgot which half was this. its about the size of a catchers mitt.
omwp.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: