mfin77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY anemone has not been doing well for the past two months. water parameters are perfect. I have a mixed reef, everything else is doing well. he keeps getting smaller and smaller. My clownfish will not go near him anymore. there are star polps that are growing very close to him on one side. Could this be bothering him?
any suggestions
Mike

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
anemone

my anemone kills all corals around it.(RBTA) What kind of anemone & lights. Too small for silversides, do you have any krill that might work.
how long have you had him & did he ever take silversides from you. has he moved around the tank & too much flow from a power head will irritate the anemone.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
also what does "water para's perfect" mean? what are you testing for? what results did you get? do you dose the tank with anything? if so with what? what are the other inhabitants in the tank? anything that would/could bother it (ie a copperband or maybe peppermint shrimp)? and finally what lights are you running and how much flow do you have in the tank?

sorry for all the questions but without knowing at least some of those things i dont know how anybody can give you useful advice...

mfin77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is a rbta. I had him about a year, he was doing fine, until two months ago.
I tried feeding him mysis shrimp which he used to love but he will not take it. Everytime I get close to him he will close up.

I have not put any new powerheads in there recently.

Nitrate- 5ppm
Ph- 8.2
Calcium- 420

all tested with sailfert test kits,

Thanks,
Mike

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
did you change anything else in the past two months or add any livestock at all? do you run carbon? it never hurts to throw some extra carbon in there and do a couple water changes.

Border09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I had a condy anemone that was doing really well and then died all of a sudden. I noticed that someone said a peppermint shrimp could have irritated it-- I did add one of these before its death to rid the tank of aipatsia, do you think this could have been the culprit?

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you have leathers? If they were recently fragged or irritated they can release a toxin that is harmful to other corals and inverts. I'd run some carbon just in case something was released into the water that is bothering your BTA.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: