lanacane214

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
whats the best way to attach this coral to a rock?its a cauliflower coral i was told, any other info on it will be helpfull thanks i tried super gel glue and it dint work

Attachments

• aqua4 100.jpg
    aqua4 100.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 109

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Another name that you will commonly hear is Carnation Coral. Most of the information I can find is they are very hard to keep and that they come shipped already attached to a piece of live rock.

Good luck with it. When we were noobs to the reef world we were sold one and told it was easy to keep, I read after the fact like a dumb dumb:eek: and felt terrible because it didn't survive. I'd like to someday be able to have success keeping one to make up for it... but I won't attempt it anytime soon.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+600+645&pcatid=645 there's some basic information.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
super glue on a soft coral is never a good thing since their defense is slime. it will just slime the glue off. some of the common attachment methods r toothpick, string, or just wedge it in a crevice of a rock.
like the others said, carnations need frequent feedings. it some b a good idea to keep it in the sump.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Try sticking it in a low flow area next to some rocks to atatch to, when atatched you can move where you want. Sort of like a mushroom or a colt coral, they can be detatched and can re-atatch. Be carefull it is a delicate coral and low light. Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: