Mangas50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
what type of food can I feed my zoas (greenbay packers, buttons, cateyes, pink lemonades, devils armor,pastels and goldeneyes) If these can be fed of course.

Name of Brand please as well so I can compare. Thank you everyone.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
light and good water parameters and good flow is all you need but if you choose to feed it they can basically eat anything from flakes to frozen foods. Mine eat anything that touches them.

hediki12

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
as stated good params and flow. they eat left overs. also feed my tanks phytoplan (got it from petco) just a pinch soaked in water n squirt it in. i think its made by "two little fishes" it helps pods grow like crazy too. but i dnt derect feed let the water flow take care of that.

My zoas don't eat and last time I checked I thought zoas were mainly photosynthetic unlike palys which will eat anything that touches them, I thought that was a main characteristic and difference between palys and zoas. The only zoas that actually eat in my tank are yellow zoos but in books I've read they're not strictly classified to either group, palys and zoas

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My zoas don't eat and last time I checked I thought zoas were mainly photosynthetic unlike palys which will eat anything that touches them, I thought that was a main characteristic and difference between palys and zoas. The only zoas that actually eat in my tank are yellow zoos but in books I've read they're not strictly classified to either group, palys and zoas

I observed one of mine eat a tuft of hair algae that my sea hare had kicked up after it landed on the zoa.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: