siond

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this orange ricordea for a week now but he still doesnt seem happy. My other mushrroms are doin great and spreading, all my parameters are good and i have plank, iodine, calc. the whole 9 yrds. But he still has a corner curled up. I thought it might b the light so i moved him lower and minutly covered by a rock, but no help!! Any advice for the humble reef owner that is I??

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Patience Sean! :) IIRC he had that curled edge when you purchased him? A number of corals take a while to truly acclimate to your tank..often weeks until they are totally comfy, so try and be patient. Moving corals like that tend to bring you back to square one on them getting comfy.

..one other thought, sometimes things like that are structural issues (if you will...) to the particular animal. It might be fine the way it is, time will often tell as it grows..as long as it is flourishing, you're good to go :)

btw..what kind of lighting and how far from it is he placed?

Mreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
have you considered flow? is this a yuma or ricordia florida? my yumas and other mushrooms love gentle to moderate flow of water. in fact, my yuma did not grow well and divide until i put it in moderate flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: