Rating - 100%
22   0   0

The Acan on the left - in the middle use to have a nice ol' big head and slowly rotted away i guess - but you can notice another 3-4 heads growing under it.

On top that red thing that pops out the top i have NO IDEA wtf that is.

The one of the right is what happened to the one on the left. you can see part of the right one still dangling! Everything else in the tank seems perfectly fine. Anyone have suggestions?! the one on the right has another head on the back but im afraid will die slowly too. i havent seen it puffed up in a day or two

BEFORE

Last edited:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
good idea to re-check your parameters to get an idea if anything water-quality wise might be off... always a good idea to do a water change with good water.... check parameters and we'll go from there. I don't think melting away would be from something eating it.

The red thing is probably fine. Most hitchikers are :) (IMHO)

knockout

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
base on my limited experience with acans is the do not like salinity changes... do you have an ATO that keeps your water salt level in check?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks straightjiggy! I ran the 3, and all three are low. Guess I'll dose mag today, test water again tomorrow, and go from there..........:hug:

Cal 400
Alk 8.3 dkh
Mag 1110

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: