xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Ok I have been wanting to do this thread but just didn't have the time or did not know how to post the pics the correct way. Thank you first goes out to Harry and Noel for there help and ideas that got me to where I am with the Led fixture and a thank you also to JBanks for helping me with the picture posting. Ok first lets start with I went with a rapid Led 24 ultra premium kit 12 blue 12 white with dimmable drivers. The heat sink is 4.25" x 16" drilled and tapped and I went out and picked up nylon screws and got rid of the metal ones they supple you with. The fixture it self is made of wood YES wood that I painted with primer then a black paint maybe 2 coats and then a Finished it with a coat of textured spray paint. The top is open and has 3 fans that are connected inside with a 12v adapter that I opened up and spliced into the the direct line of the blue led driver so when the blue lights turn on the fan turns on. The top of the case is cut open and has a black plastic mesh that Harry had and gave me. The inside of the fixture has a tray that my heat sink and drivers are attached to so I can remove it if I ever need to do any maintenance to the fixture itself. The bottom of the fixture I mad a railing to hold the glass and was able to have it where the glass can be removed from one side to be cleaned when it needs to be dew to salt crypt. ok so thats it more or less if you have any questions feel free to post or pm me.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Ok here are some pics this is the shell of the fixture

SecondpicofLedcase.jpg

These are the rails for the glass

1306165775378.jpg

this is the primer stage of the shell

2011-05-23_19-14-09_71.jpg

A picture of the mesh on top of the fixture

2011-05-22_19-49-32_88.jpg

And last but not least the finished product

1102184215.jpg

I know there are some pictures missing like the tray that holds everything together I think I will be able to get them soon sry

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: