tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks guys. Sump is running great and baffles work just right, the 3rd bubble trap baffle at 4 inches takes care of all the micro bubbles. Just the water evaporates faster now in the return section.
Only major problem now is the skimmer is overflowing like crazy for the past 3 days. :irked: I had to remove the plug on the collection cup so it drains back into the sump rather than on the floor. I'm in contact with SWC now about the issue.

Here is a video of it.
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2576/w81.mp4

Last edited:

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
watch your salinity levels, you are taking out saltwater if it's running wet.

Salinity wasn't affected, the water was dumping back into the skimmer section.
The guy at SWC was certain that the new batch of saltwater for the water chance got fouled in someway, I have to agree. I was told to raise the skimmer higher out of the water. So I set it to be only 4" in water, bam that took care of the problem. It skimmed something that smelled more like a chemical than actual stinky skimmate. Someone must of used a chemical cleaner in the kitchen while my water was mixing, though it was closed. Now skimmer is set back to normal height and skimming dark nasties out of the water.

closser

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice job on the sump! I just picked up a 30gal and may copy your design. Would you mind sharing where you got your glass cut? I was just quoted $15 per cut at a place here in Queens.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nice job on the sump! I just picked up a 30gal and may copy your design. Would you mind sharing where you got your glass cut? I was just quoted $15 per cut at a place here in Queens.
C.P.S. Glass & Mirror. in Hicksville. If you are asking to get the edges polished they will charge more. All you need is to have the edges cleaned not polished. Most glass shops clean the edges when they cut without you telling them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: