Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drilled my first tank this summer it went good.
You never get over drilling glass but a few tricks.
Piece of plywood drilled alittle over glass hole to use as guide .
Tape in place with duct tape apply soapy waster and drill slowly

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just build a ring around it with plumbers putty that's about 6" around then fill it with water.

No need for anything but water.

Put any type of tape on the underside as well as a towel on the panel at the opposite end so if you happen to go through the tape as well and it falls it won't break the tank. Start with the drill at a slight angle and once you get it into the glass slowly straighten it out then rock it around with almost no pressure- let the weight of the drill be most of the pressure. Keep the drill at full speed and you'll have no issues.

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just build a ring around it with plumbers putty that's about 6" around then fill it with water.

No need for anything but water.

Put any type of tape on the underside as well as a towel on the panel at the opposite end so if you happen to go through the tape as well and it falls it won't break the tank. Start with the drill at a slight angle and once you get it into the glass slowly straighten it out then rock it around with almost no pressure- let the weight of the drill be most of the pressure. Keep the drill at full speed and you'll have no issues.

+1 perfect explanation

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i just drilled my first tank, very simple but all ways a chance of breaking.
i did it outside marked the spot, run garden hose on it and leave it running.
hold drill on an angle till bit starts then slowly level it off. take your time and really no pressure just weight of the drill. and put a towel inside so you don't break the other side when it goes thru.
but on another note their are used reef read tanks in the market place for reasonable prices.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
u right.lol

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 92

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: