• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After spending a fairamount of time researching sumps. I think I have something that might work. Thedesign seems pretty straight forward to me. My display tank will be 90 Gallon.
I want to utilize a ?Water intake tower? configuration inplace of a filter sock arraignment. Myintent would be to have it enclosed on three sides and the top. The remainingside would be open to the sump. I would have some type of filter media whichthe water from over flow would pass through.(Water height 13?) Could a side pass through work???My other idea would to be incorporate some type of filter sock table. The next sectionwould be the skimmer section (Super Reef Octopus cone XP200) (Water height 11?skimmer would sit on a stand). Next would be three baffles over /under/ over.The final section would be the return section with an internal pump (Pump undecided)recommendation welcome. I intend toincorporate a Herbbie style overflow system.(water height 11?) I have alsoincluded a Refugium section.(Water height 14?) Not totally sold on the refugiumbut most sump designs I have reviewed have one. Please advise if this is something that could work and if you have abetter idea I would like to hear it.

Attachments

• Sump Design baffle.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Sump Design.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 120

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: