gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a fan of the nori algea clips. They work, but big chunks get torn off and float into the overflow. And I wanted to be able to feed my tank without putting my hands in the water. So, after some thinking I came up with this. I just fold or roll the sheet into a cigar shape, and slide it down the pvc tube. i don't have to put my hands in the water to get the clip, no freaking out the fish, and the tang can graze away all he wants. The 90* elbow is to hang over the side of the tank. I will finish sanding it smooth and then paint it black to blend in.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 759
  • photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 481
  • photo 2(2).jpg
    photo 2(2).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 458
Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
A for effort but you will still have floating chunks. Try this better. Get clear plastic tube one slightly bigger than other. The bigger on drill semi random holes say 1/4" or so. To use wrap nori around smaller tube the place inside larger tube. Attach to your elbow. This will keep most of nori in place (no tearing). If you build it and it works remember ya heard it first here. LMK

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Love this idea and the binder rings... I think i have an idea as well...a bit convoluted but horizontal to be less obtrusive...think under cabinet paper towel holder with the binder rings as the paper towel tube...cool got a little project to do :) thanks for the ideas and great problem solving.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: