duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I have encrusting montis that are on a separate rock on the floor on my cutting board. Well they are growing fast and if anyone has seen me I am vertically challenged lmao. I need to cut then scrape these montis off my cutting board and with my short arms and bad back I can not get into the tank with a razor to cut them. I need to make a razor pole that will cut the monti easily and then be able to get under it to get it off the cutting board. Show me you best design for this cutting pole. It will need to be able to be able to change the blade with salt water it will rust pretty quick. Best design will get a free monti pack. I don't want a discussion on how to do it I want you guys to
Do it for me :)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Get a length of small diameter pic pipe, put a very small angled slit in it and then drill a hole at the base of the slit on each side, then just slide a razor into it. Cost about 3 dollars maybe. I have one I made at home if you are confused I can post a pic of it later when I get outta work

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just made a scraper out of the pole used to open and close mini blinds. Wife wasn't happy though. All I did was cut a small slit in one end and with a bit of heat bent it to my liking. Just a tiny touch of super glue held the razor in then slit. I was able to reach the bottom of a 24" tank without getting my hands wet and it scraped down months worth of corraline buildup.
After I was done the razor popped right out with the small drop of now dried glue, leaving a nice clean place for the next razor. All it cost me was some dirty looks from the wife.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I just made a scraper out of the pole used to open and close mini blinds. Wife wasn't happy though. All I did was cut a small slit in one end and with a bit of heat bent it to my liking. Just a tiny touch of super glue held the razor in then slit. I was able to reach the bottom of a 24" tank without getting my hands wet and it scraped down months worth of corraline buildup.
After I was done the razor popped right out with the small drop of now dried glue, leaving a nice clean place for the next razor. All it cost me was some dirty looks from the wife.

home depot sells those rods, so you can keep your wife happy.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0

I tried that first and ended up going with 1/2" pvc because I found the rod too flimsy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: