Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
aeb86a341254d715e00290a7726d4508.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A friend gave me fifty lenses for my new water cooled LED fixture. They made a big difference and now I don't go blind when I open the front of the tank. They also cud down on the scattered light that was going all over the place as I hate to see the back of the tank. I still need about 20 more lenses and I did drop some in the water, they don't float and I can't find them. I will eventually.
The lenses didn't push on like they are supposed to because I didn't wire them the way they were meant to be wired. They came off a printed circuit board and I have wires soldered to them that does not allow the lens to fit. I solved the problem by cutting off the sides of the lens to make room for the wires. That allowed the lens to fit but they were very loose so I had to epoxy them to the LEDs which was easy.
Here is the cut lenses along with one that is not cut.

The lenses once again let the back of the tank go dark as I like it. I still need more lenses but all of the front and rear LEDs have lenses on them

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Don't know if silicone would hold to copper but might be easier than epoxy if you ever needed to replace. Your welcome to the bag of lenses I have Paul. I'll be home from work Friday and the Weekend or later tonight. PM me whenever to make arrangements :)

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
WOW!! I been seeing this thread lately and finally clicked on it just now,,glad I did thats a tremendous job you did and made it look so simple! I'm curious if the LED will last longer because of this. Also, I'm guessing now you dont need to buy fixtures ever again just new bulbs when need be?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I realize it is hard to tell what this thing is, but it is my water cooled LED fixture for my algae scrubber. The red LEDs will be mounted on the back side on copper disks and the thing will transfer heat passively to the fan operated radiator through convection. It is in this shape because I only have 2" of space in front of the scrubber so the radiator needed to be mounted off to one side and slightly above in order for the heated water to rise to the heat exchanger. After I get it wired and installed I will take another picture which hopefully will clarify how it works. (If it works)

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What do you know? It works! I am running a test now to see if it gets hot.
If it works and stays cool for an hour, I will make the splash shield and install it.

While I was waiting for this to warm up, I made some stuffed calamari that will knock your socks off. They are in season now and are all over the place.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: