Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Ideas for a home made e diatomaceous earth filter

I’m looking to do some sand clean up. and I know i will have a ton of detritus all over plus that water is going to be fog city

Any ideas on a. DIY diatomaceous earth filter or info on what others are using ?

Thanks bp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2018, 02:39 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (74 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
I think i have one mod. , original pump burn, then i Mod. by using one MJ 1200 ,and YES , works, but i stop use the Diatom filter. i ask about Silica, nobody ans. even Boomer, if i still have it i will post some pics. Yes is possible , use the INTAKE of the pump thru flex hose , then conventional Siphon to avoid sand go thru the pump. I will work in that for you, funny think ......i got NO sand .lol
But , list i will give some ideas.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:20 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (74 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
There you go.
I plug the center ( glue) one hose is OUTPUT , second hose connect MJ 1200 then INTAKE of the pump hose a conventional Siphon sand.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 09-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Thanks vio I will look into
It

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk